Leaves Are Falling!

Yesterday's sunrise was pure magic.
As the sun ascended in the sky behind a layer of fiery clouds,
the misty fog that was close to the ground began to glow...
a phenomenon that lasted just a few short seconds.

A day that starts with a show like this can't be anything but perfect.


It was a day of sewing...
(fitted crib sheets for the next new grand baby due in a month)


My sewing room has turned into a jungle.
All of the plants that had hung on the front porch of Maven Haven
have been brought into the house for the winter.


It was a day of mowing...
hopefully the last mowing needed for the year.


And it was a day of autumn winds blowing...
sending dry leaves swirling to the ground.


I took a break from mowing to visit my girlfriends.


They are always enthusiastic about a snuggle.


The ducklings, now adolescents, had quite the adventure yesterday afternoon.


With a warm breeze lifting the mercury above 75,
I turned them out into the spacious
yard that attaches to their house.


I would love to say that they frolicked and had the best time,
but the truth is, 
I think they were quite uncomfortable with this new-found freedom.
In the temperated days left this week,
I will repeat their turn-out.
The fresh air is good for them, if nothing else.
 

Eventually they will join the other ducks and have lots of freedom,
so getting used to the great outdoors is essential.

I am hoping that you enjoyed yesterday's video.
I enjoyed making it, though, I must say....
the editing process is time-consuming (but fun.)

There are YouTube channels that I have enjoyed following
during this pandemic... a sort of mini vacation to places that are different
from my own surroundings.
I tend to gravitate towards those that project a peaceful, beautiful,
serene existence... something we are all craving these days.
I hope to bring you more of these in the future....
if you enjoy them.

Comments

colleen said…
I truly and thoroughly enjoy everything you post. I have followed along for many, many, years and never tire of seeing what's happening at BHA. xoxoxo
Marcia LaRue said…
Your videos are always a welcome addition to your posts! It gives us a little trip to BHA without ever leaving our home ... just a quick trip on the ole computer! Personally ... I love the videos!
Will the new grandbaby be here in Colorado?
Enjoy the rest of your beautiful Thursday!
Those grandbabies are coming thick and fast!
phyllis Schmitz said…
Nice to see the 3 ducklings.
This N That said…
I was wondering about the little runners...not so little any more..Hope your jungle makes it thru the winter..It may need some humidity depending on how dry your air is heat wise..good luck..
Love the crib sheet..xxoo