Much Love To Share

I have a full weekend to share with you,
but before we get to that,
I have to tell you about the metamorphosis that Griz has made.


It's astonishing, really...
best illustrated by the following video:



We had a grand weekend here on the farm.
Literally.
The Littles and their Daddy joined us for the day on Saturday;
and our Sunday was spent with Tyler and his Mom.

Chores were done with the help of little hands.


We walked the horses back to the barn...


while Moonie made his own way back.


Nose kissies were given...


My son, Andy, made his wonderful Stromboli for us...


with a little help from Mackenzie.


Hubbs built a bonfire and we toasted marshmallows...


a first for the Littles...


who weren't convinced that they liked the sound of S'mores,


until they had their first taste.


Messy, but delicious!


Two tired Littles had tubbies before they left,
and promptly fell asleep on the way home.
Right to bed without waking up... perfect ending to a perfect day!

We had our typical Farm Breakfast Sunday morning with Tyler, his Mom (my daughter Jenn),
and Dr. Becky's family.
After breakfast, Tyler and Jace (both 4th graders) spent some time playing on the farm.
I was lucky enough to snag the videos that they made while they were out and about
with the animals.
Here is just a taste of those videos, shot by two 10-year-olds:
[Link, here if needed.]


For those of you who have been around since we brought Tyler home to the farm
as a newborn, you will appreciate how he has grown.
He and Jace (Dr. Becky's stepson) are quite close and have shared many adventures.
Both of these boys are funny and sweet and a joy to have around.

Children bring so much life to the farm.
Their spontaneity and joy make my most precious moments.
Sharing these times with them is the best part of
having this magical place.
I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be a Grammie!

Comments

colleen said…
What a weekend!!! I have decided if we had a farm I would be happy with runners, a Moonie and of course some chicken, cats and dogs and the grands would make it all complete. It is hard to believe how Tyler has grown up so fast. I think he and Jace need their own blog. The Stromboli looks scrumptious and I bet you have started a new trend.... fire and S'mores! Thanks so much for taking us along. xxxx
Louise Stopford said…
I can't believe the transformation of Grizz. What a lovely boy and he is very lucky to have found you. I was going to say I hope he stays with you, but given all the love (and food) and safety of the farm, I am sure he will know what is good for him. Loved the video - It's lovely to hear some nice news. Your weekend was ever so full again and I am glad you had a good time with your family. I bet 'The Littles' weren't the only ones to sleep soundly that night!!!!
Lynne said…
Delightful for your grands to spend time on the farm with you.
The memory seeds have been planted, they will never forget!
Tyler has grown up big time from the first days of my seeing him on your posts.
And Gris the cat is settling in . . . HOME!
Happy New Year.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for helping us remember who is who and how they are related to you and each other.

Julia
Dee J. Hartman said…
In the mornings, for a while
I find I have a happy smile
Just watching the blogs of "You Know Who!"
-What a cheerful thing to do!
I see such love in this family
I know all viewers agree with me.
daisy g said…
What a transformation Grizz has made! Just shows what a little love and patience can do. Sweet boy.

Tyler and Jace have done a brilliant job with their Aussie accents! Looks like they are having almost as much fun as the pigs!

Be Blissed in the New Year!
Karla said…
That was the cutest video ever!! So clever and full of imagination! But I think I need a Dramamine to watch it again.....LOL

Thank you so much for sharing it :-)
This N That said…
Griz has come pretty far in such a short time..HAppy for both of you..OMG...Andys stromboli is the best..Makes my mouth water just looking at that picture..Tyler and Jace are hysterical..Where did Tyler get that Aussie accent ?? Great job..so funny..Looks as though you had a perfect weekend...xxoo
Fun videos! I'm glad Grizz is settling in.