Spoiler-In-Chief

In case you were wondering,
I am not the only one here on the farm that spoils the animals.


Hubbs is definitely "Spoiler-In-Chief" around here.
Not only does he readily dole out hugs,
he also embellishes meals with lots of treats!


Not only do they get their chow, but the pigs get treats as well.
No wonder their breath is always minty fresh!!


No wonder they are so eager to start the day!
Of course, the sheep have already invaded their stall...
looking for leftovers from last night's hay.


"Why don't we get peppermints?"  they ask.
Uh Oh, Hubbs.... your secret is out!

Yesterday morning's clouds were just the foreshadowing of what the rest of the day would be like.


We enjoyed a brief time outside early in the day before the rains came...
 and stayed for the rest of the day.


While it rained and poured outside yesterday afternoon,
I sat at my computer and set up an Etsy shop for my bags and whatnot.
I hope to add some handmade and hand embroidered clothing items over the coming months
as well as a few knit items.


You can find us HERE from now on....
and I will put a permanent link on the sidebar of this blog.
There is also a link in my old marketplace.

I am happy to report that our two groups of runner ducks have now joined
as one merry band of quackers!
Every morning when the gate to their yard opens,
they all run out in one huge group.


The rest of the day is spent in and out of their yard.
They are quite busy... so much to be done!


Now that they are all fully mature, it is easy to tell their genders.
(Males have little curly feathers at their tale.)


Also, it's just the females that quack, but with the 12 together
it's impossible to tell (with all that racket) just who is doing the quacking!
Out of 12 ducks, 8 are drakes and only 4 are females.
They are great egg-layers... I only wish there were more of them.

Comments

colleen said…
Hi Bev
I just want you to know that I am still following along. I've had some health issues since the end of June. I may not comment much but I'm still here.
OH, Jack, you spoiler..... I love it. xxxx
Anonymous said…
Too cute about the spoiler!!
Marcia LaRue said…
I bet those drakes could tell some tall tales as to why their TAILS are curled on the ends!
daisy g said…
Be careful what you wish for! ;0D
Wanda Devers said…
That candy & those crackers for the critters is one of the sweetest things ever! And that is one gorgeous kitty!
You and Hubbs are both big softies. I am just curious, is there an animal you don't have "yet" that you would like to have?
This N That said…
Not surprised that Hubs is a spoiler as well...I want to come back as one of your animals or not at all..I love Ritz crackers..Sammiy looks thin in that picture..Yesterday was a great day for indoor activities and it looks as though you made full use of it..Glad all your quackery are buds!! Don't blow away today!!
Clearly, you must get EVEN MORE runner ducks to up the egg production!