Weekend Wanderings

Our weekend whizzed by in a flurry of activity.
We spent Saturday morning in this adorable woodsy community,


strolling through the tents of various artists and craftsmen.
I am always in awe of others' talents.
Creativity is a wonderful thing!


Mount Gretna, PA is a wonderful old Victorian community,


that had its start as a Chautauqua...
 a vacation community dedicated to culture, learning, and entertainment.
It is home to one of the oldest summer stock theaters in the country.


As luck would have it though, in the middle of perusing the arts and communing with the woods,
a  fifteen minute thunderstorm popped up and sent us
to seek shelter in one of the artists' tents.


Sunday we spent the day with family.


We had planned a crab feast 


to celebrate Mack and Easton's Daddy's birthday.


The rest of the day was filled with GoGo rides 


and adventures around the farm.



Today and tomorrow we will be spending with Tyler before he heads back to school next week.
(4th grade, if you can believe it!)
Tell me... has this summer flown by?

As for the farm... 

The youngest runner ducks are getting just a little bolder as time goes on...
but only for short bursts.
Most of their time is spent in the shelter and safety of their own yard.


We lifted the net that separated our young hens from our older flock this weekend
and allowed them all to mingle.
The young hens seem to enjoy having a little more room to roam.


Greeting the morning sun...


We are continuing to keep the girls in the safety of their own yard.
It's been a bad year with foxes and we don't want to risk losing any more chickens.

Sunday evening brought another pop-up storm...
just in time to save me from having to water the gardens!

This weekend, I posted my bags and totes for sale in my own little Marketplace.
Happily, a few of them sold immediately.
You can find the link for that page at the top of this blog, 
or if you are using a mobile device, you can find it 
Because I am not a business I only accept check or PayPal as payment.
I have more waxed canvas on order and will be adding more bags to the shop, soon.
I'll keep you posted!

Comments

That's a big cob of corn for such a little boy! LOL so cute!
colleen said…
I love your weekend posts!! Looks like the perfect weekend to me.tfs xxx
This N That said…
I used to love Visiting Mount Gretna. I I have a friend that had a cottage there...I think you knew her.Cute little village..Your bags were a big hit. Happy for you. Happy that the runner ducks are spreading their wings so to speak... another fun weekend. xxoo