Smiles

It's hard to be sad,
when there are so many smiling faces around.


Everywhere I look are sweet souls with wide eyes, big hearts,


and toothy grins...


always ready to share a moment.


I know that having the responsibility for so many critters is not for everyone.
I get it.


It's a lot of work... a lot of responsibility.


But, for me, it's the best life I can imagine.


And at the end of the day... no matter how the day unfolded...
they are always there with cheesy, furry smiles...


and wide open hearts...


accepting me as part of their family.


I am so grateful for this life...
for this opportunity to care for these sweet souls.
Life is good.

I've got to tell you... I am so loving this spring.
After so many springs that too quickly morphed into summer,
it's great to have a one that stays for a while.
When we awoke yesterday morning, it was only 40 degrees outside.
By day's end it reached 70... absolute perfection.
I know the heat of summer will soon be here...
so I am enjoying each and every one of these cool, beautiful days!


Each day brings new surprises in the gardens.




Comments

colleen said…
I am very grateful that you share all you do with us (except SNAKES)!! I am enjoying this spring also...except it is too wet for us to plant the garden yet :( This spring has brought in many different birds that are eating us out of house and home. When I look out and see.. Baltimore Oriole, Cardinals, Rose-Breasted Grosbeak, Northern Parula, Cape May and Yellow Rump, many at the same time, I truly know what that grateful and blessed feeling is. Thank you for making me smile. I usually tell people make it a great weekend but would never have to tell you that and will be waiting for Monday to hear all about it. xoxoxox
littlemancat said…
Love these cool spring days too! You're right, they've been rare the last several years and are so appreciated. To me it's perfect weather. Love the sweet animal faces!
Mary
Love the photo of you with the donkeys!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i loved every cool second that we've had this spring. unfortunately, i think they are over for a while. it is hot and humid here again...blah!
Anonymous said…
Special photos today, thank you!
Phyllis
This N That said…
The more critters the better..I would love to have another cat but I'm sure it would outlive me and someone else would have the responsibility..Yes, our wonderfully cool weather is about to come to an end..sadly.
Enjoy your day xoxo
Karen said…
I can't imagine NOT having animals in my life! At one time we had nine dogs (all rescues:) - a lot of people thought we were nuts - we loved every single minute (six cats and two geese as well:) Money was tight - but we managed. Now we are older I am sad we can't have a house full of critters. Then my sister said she is going to adopt older dogs through 'Old Dog Haven' - you care for them and give them a whole lot of love at golden years of their lives. Volunteer vets waive their fees (or charge very little) to help this wonderful organization (located in Lake Stevens, WA) - they even have their own book published a couple years back. Giving an older dog a loving home isn't probably for everyone - but I plan to do it in the near future. **Thanks for the smiles today - made my day!
Leslye said…
I know how you feel about your life.At one point we had 42 animals and I loved my life and never thought of it as work because my animals gave me such joy.Your outlook is wonderful.
Lynne said…
Loving the happy faces . . .
And the Lupine . . .j
And Foxglove . . .
I purchased a beautiful yellow Lupine at
a garden center the other day . . .
It is bringing me cheer!
Happy Memorial Weekend Beverly!