Gratitude

The sun rose yesterday morning on a grey and foggy world.


A peaceful stillness hung over the farm as a few of the hidden sun's rays
penetrated the clouds.


I'm learning to greet each day without judgement, without pre-conception of
what the day will bring.
If I watch the day unfold and wish it were different in any way,
then I am diminishing the unique gifts that this one day gives to me.
And not to be morose, but, any given day has the potential of being my last.
The way I see it, there is only one way of having the perfect last day....
Make it so.


If there is one thing that life has taught me, it's that nothing stays the same...
the only thing constant in this world is change.
Weather changes.
Seasons change.
Our lives change.
Time marches on.


As I prepare for our family Thanksgiving celebration,
I remind myself of the importance of gratitude for a happy life.
I am reminded of the loved ones with whom I have shared this celebration in the past,
who are now gone from our table.
And although I miss their presence in my life, I am filled
with gratitude for the times we shared.


I am grateful for those who join us to celebrate...
our blended family...
whose bonds have tightened over the years.
Our day will be filled with fun and laughter and love.
I could ask for nothing greater than this.


I am grateful for the opportunity that I have had to care for this farm
and all who call this land home.


I am grateful for my friends... the old ones, the new ones,
and those who stop by here each day to check on us...
to share the joys (and sometimes the sorrows) of the day.

And so, dear friend...
I wish for you a heart full of gratitude...
a perfect day.

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
Lovely post Bev. Again you are reminding us of the wonderful things life has to offer. We so often take these things for granted. It is so very true that nothing stays the same, everything changes. I have to remind myself to "be in the moment" and enjoy things here and now. If we are not in a good moment, we must remember that everything does indeed change and this sad moment will pass, hopefully to better times. You have a wonderful, wonderful outlook on life and it is contagious. In your lovely writings you offer hope and inspiration when times are not so good - you do, indeed, share a wonderful gift.
Lynne said…
Gratitude . . .
Thankful Heart . . .
Gives Energy . . .
Happy Thanksgiving . . .
Lovely post . . .
daisy g said…
Indeed, tomorrow is promised to no one. I try to keep this in mind as I go through my day so that I appreciate even the smallest of gifts.

Have a wonderful holiday! I am thankful for you!
Patsy from Illinois said…
I pray you have a bountiful and wonderful Thanksgiving. May God bless you and your family and all that share your land.
Karen said…
What an inspiring post - it brought tears to my eyes . . . .Have a wonderful, peaceful Thanksgiving!
littlemancat said…
Good thoughts shared here,thank you, Bev. Have a very joyful Thanksgiving.
Mary
This N That said…
Beautiful post. Beautifully said. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
diane in northern wis said…
Beautiful gratitude filled post, Bev. Thank you for your blog which I love to check in on every day. May you and yours have an awesome Thanksgiving in your lovely home, on your lovely land with such wonderful critters all around.
Dee J. Hartman said…
Thank you for sharing your beautiful blog again. Have a great Thanksgiving day!