An Explosion

It's hot and humid right now...


which makes for the perfect weather for a garden explosion!


Tomatoes have started ripening; and with almost 40 plants,


we should be enjoying tomatoes over the next 3 months.


It's been the perfect summer for the garden.


I have more cucumbers than I can use.


This was just what was ready yesterday.


Squash and peppers are also abundant.


 With almost 100 blueberry bushes that have finally reached a mature size,
we have enough blueberries for a village!
Next year we may have to open our blueberry field for a pick-your-own day.
We picked 20 pounds of blueberries yesterday and there were still many more left on the bushes.
(Needless to say, the freezer is full of blueberries!)
What to do with so many blueberries and zucchini?


Make blueberry zucchini muffins! (recipe here)
They are delicious... and I substituted one of the cups of flour with whole wheat...
and used coconut oil for the vegetable oil.


I also made this recipe of blueberry bars.


And my recipe of blueberry buckle.


All of this went into the freezer for later consumption.

With regular watering, we have been able to keep our flower gardens blooming.


Showers are predicted for today.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Last winter we lost the electricity to our upper goat pens and chicken pens.
We ran extension cords above the ground to get through the winter.
Now we are in the process of having new electrical lines laid to these areas.
It's never too soon to start planning for the next season...
and electricity is a necessity during the winter!


Last week I mentioned that I am a little worried about my goat, Ash.
She's still hanging in there and seems in no distress.


It's funny, though, she keeps herself separate from the rest of the herd.
There's really nothing we can do for her but allow her the peace she seeks.

I saw this online last night and wanted to share it with you.
A thought for today....


Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
i love that thought! i try to live that way. we had a lot of rain last night so i hope it is moving your way. my vegetables are not doing great. too much humidity has done most of them in.
Mmm, those blueberry goodies look delicious!
Dee J. Hartman said…
Bunches of Blueberries
A grand goat by herself
Cucumbers counted
Too many for shelf.
Flowers forever
Are easy to find
At a place called Bee Haven
Bringing joy to the mind!
Bee Haven Bev said…
Beautiful, Dee!! Your comments are always works of art!
Carine said…
maybe you could sell your surpluses once a week at a nearby market or put a sign in front of your door with a tel. nr. but I would prepare the fruits or veggies ready-to-take rather than leave people pick their own.
This N That said…
You post made me hungry for muffins and summer tomatoes..Guess I should have dinner soon..Love your thought for today. Glad Ash is content and seemingly not in any discomfort..We had a downpour today..Only about a quarter of an inch but enough that I don't have to water for a day or two!!Yay...Enjoy the rest of your week..
Lynne said…
Love seeing your bounty . . .
Great Quote!