Growth

It's amazing how quickly everything is growing around here!
From chicks...


to ducklings...


to flowers and garden goodies.

(Three weeks ago.)

(Now)
A little rain, a little sun... longer days, warmer temperatures...
and life takes off...
full speed ahead!


You only need stop and sit very still...
and I swear you can see and hear everything growing.
The roses that I planted last week are blooming now...



It amazes me that the chicks are growing as fast as they are,
because they are never still for a minute...
darting to and fro.
I can only imagine the calories that they burn off with just these high speed antics.
Add the rapid growth to that and it's all just mind-boggling.


The ducklings have settled into their new luxurious accommodations quite well.
They don't seem to be half as nervous as The Nellies were.
I am hoping eventually to be able to lead them into my garden and put them to work
on insect patrol.


Yesterday morning I cleaned out the garden shed.


Somehow, over the winter, something had picked it up off the ground 
and shook it violently so that its contents were strewn everywhere.
I swear when I opened the door... everything would try to jump out at me!

I emptied it, installed new tool racks, swept it out, and re-arranged.
Much better.
Now everything has a place.
Hopefully everything will cooperate and remain in its place!


I should have taken a photo of the "before"... but honestly, I was mortified.

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
Those chicks and ducklings are gorgeous and how they have grown. Like you say, everything is growing now and there's no holding it back - what a lovely time of year!! Your shed looks very neat and tidy. I have to get motivation to do jobs like that, but when it's done, it's a great feeling.
Colleen said…
It is unbelievable how fast things are growing. I planted a cherry tomato plant in a pot on our patio Saturday and I swear that later that evening it looked bigger.
I bet my garden shed will get a makeover this week...thanks for the inspirationđź’•
Lynne said…
“Growing” is non stop now . . .
And we have quickly gone from spring to summer . . .
overnight . . HOT . . . 95 yesterday!
Dee J. Hartman said…
...and 'twill be another hot day today, Lynn! Btw, "Don'cha" just love today's blog?!? I love 'em all! Everyone have a happy hot day!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i could watch those babies all day long. i have a shed cleanup in my future too. i am almost afraid to open the door because of what i will find. funny how that happens over the winter!
Love the bunny statue among the petunias!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful roses! I just love those ducks.
This N That said…
Your flocks are growing like weeds..gorgeous roses..I'm sure the shed wasn't all that bad?? Looks good..stay cool..