Live a Great Story!

One lone star in the morning sky greeted me yesterday as I headed out to feed the animals.


It was 47 degrees...brrrrrr...but I've got to tell you....I'm loving this time of year!


There is something about the refreshing autumn air, after a summer of
heat and humidity that supercharges me.
I awoke filled with energy and quickly tackled the morning chores.
A load of laundry was done as well as the week's ironing,
the floors vacuumed and the pantry cleaned and organized.


I love a well-stocked pantry.


It's a necessity when living this far away from my favorite grocery store.


I spent a little time in my sewing room and worked on appliquéing some onesies
for the pink fairy princess.


I had seen ones exactly like these in a gift shop (pricey) and decided I could make them myself.


That little pink fairy has started to smile....check it out...


Another project that I have been working on is hand made paper.
I found the necessary tools for sale at the Country Living Fair.
The process is so easy and so much fun.
I'll do a video demonstration in the coming days.


The rest of yesterday (another perfect Autumn day) was spent gussying up the farm.


Summer's colors are fading and the landscape is late-summer-drab right now.
Autumn's colorful foliage has not yet arrived...
so mums and pumpkins help to spruce things up a bit.


We are hosting Hubbs' workmates for a family farm day on Saturday...
complete with picnic, hayrides, lawn games, and farm tours.

It's going to be a very busy and very fun weekend for sure.
The animals will have a great time with so many people visiting.

Hopefully they are a little more lively than this...


Lastly, I've been wanting to show you a t-shirt that I found at the CL Fair last weekend.


I saw this and immediately knew it was perfect for me.
That has been my motto for many years now!
There is so much in life that we have no control over...
but out story belongs only to us...
and we are the authors.
I intend to live a great story...no matter what!

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
love the t-shirt and the onsies. what a cute smile! 47 degrees? we haven't come close to that yet. it's been 58 when i get up each morning. have a great weekend. it sounds like a fun one!
Dawn said…
I love love love your pantry I want one just like that when we get round to doing ours, I like have you have tools clamped to the shelves, she is a little cutie with that smile :-)
Lynne said…
Lots to LOVE here . . .
Smiles
Pantry
Early morning energy
Cooler temps
Fall
Logo shirt
What did I forget . . .
This N That said…
you have lived a great story for sure..... Can't wait for the next chapter. Have a wonderful weekend.
colleen said…
I find myself having a hard time to comment on just one thing as it makes the rest look like they weren't important enough to mention as I just love all you posts about...babies, Tyler, the seasons, farm & animals, all your activities, knitting, your pantry ( well it makes me a little sad I don't have one), all these things and everything in between....decorating your farm for the seasons...ok ok I will stop now. You have a great weekend!!
What a beautiful pantry! And so well organized and neat. Love that t-shirt!
Kathy said…
Great words to live by! Thanks for letting us read a little of your story every day!
Jacky said…
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Autumn also. I have always wanted to make handmade paper so I am looking forward to your video.
Thanks again for another great post.
deodar said…
What is it about this time of year? Sends me into a frenzy of organizing. I just cleaned and sorted my pantry too and I take great pleasure in opening the doors and just gazing at all that neat tidiness! Perhaps I need to get a life?
Oh what a great post, Beverly.
Will you look at that beautiful little fairy smile! What a doll she is.
Would you be so kind as to send some cool weather this way? Today it was over 100 degrees.. I am just longing for the cooler weather.

I just LOVE your pantry!!!
Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such a sweet note.
blessings,
Penny
daisy g said…
What a glorious pantry! I could live in there! ;0P
Great t-shirt. Yeah, it's up to us to create our best story.