Gray Days

Yesterday morning as the sun rose there was a brief promise of sun...
the orange horizon setting the stage for a day predicted to melt what was left of the snow.


It wasn't long, however, 'til a thick cloud bank filled the sky
and all hopes for sunshine were put away for another day.


It stayed gray and gloomy from that point on...
making for a good day for indoor work.
I never mind a gray day... in fact, I look forward to them and the peace and quiet they bring.



As predicted, the warmth melted what was left of last week's snow.
And with the melting of the snow came the emergence of Ginger and MaryAnn.


As I approached the pig yard, these two jolly gals came out of their house,
running towards the far end of the pigpen...happy to see me.


It seemed that after days inside munching hay these girls deserved a treat.
I told the girls to wait, I'd be right back...
as I ran back to the house and grabbed a couple carrots.
They must have anticipated a treat, because they patiently waited at the fence for my return.


Their patience was rewarded!


Yummy!  Carrots!!


Chomp, chomp, chomp...


They ate their wonderful treat with typical piggy manners...


Maybe I should remind her not to run with carrots in her mouth!



Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
they sure are cute! we had sleet for most of yesterday. today freezing rain is on the way!
Lynne said…
I think the piggies just might understand the "do not run with carrots in your mouth" suggestion.
Gray days here too although prediction of sunny days near by . . . no snow and maybe none for a few weeks. (Big disappointment for me . . . this is the season for SNOW . . .)
jerilanders said…
What funny fat piggies! Too bad you missed the show, it was at the york fairgrounds, called "YORKFOLK". Look it up online to see the exhibitor list. You would have loved this show, it had some fantastic artists and furniture makers. I forgot to put it on my website. So sorry we did not get to meet!
This N That said…
Glad your snow is gone (for now)..I see a few flakes falling right now...Good that the piggies got out for a bit before the next bad weather moves them back indoors..You may eat those words about enjoying gray days..We're in for a bunch..Enjoy your day..
Junebug said…
I so love your piggies and all they antics! Yum, yum, carrots! Gray day here also, so my recliner and I have become great friends. Enjoy your indoor fun! Hugs!!
An American in Tokyo said…
Wow, MaryAnn really loves carrots!
She grabbed the last bit and ran to you as if to say, "I ate the whole thing! Do you have any more?!" haha!!
I thought horses were the only ones who were so grabby with carrots! ;)