A Visit With Becky's Horses

One of my favorite things about this time of year is the magnificent sunrises!
Each and every morning I am met with such dramatic skies...
definitely a good reason to get up early!


Yesterday when I finished morning chores, I stopped to watch Sid, Becky's horse.


He was happily grazing in the pasture, 
but stopped eating and headed towards me upon seeing me.


What a handsome boy...
and so very athletic.


Becky and he have been training for cross country eventing.


They have an amazing relationship.


You might remember that Sid was Becky's racehorse rescue from a couple of years ago.


It's been a joy to witness his transformation over the past couple years!
His pasture mate is Shirley.


Shirley is a sister to my ponies, Donnie Brasco and Scarlet.


She's a sassy little chubby gal who definitely rules the pasture
and keeps Sid in line!


What a gentle soul... and very outgoing,
unlike so many horses who will ignore you...
Sid likes to be the center of attention.


He's a beautiful mover...
taking a few laps through the pasture just to show off.


And the returns to the fence to say...
"Did you see me running?  Huh? Did you?  Did I do good?"


Across the aisle in an adjacent pasture is Becky's elder horse, Duffy.


Duffy is in his late 30's and is long retired.
His days are spent napping, nibbling, and making sure Sid and Shirley behave themselves.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Sid running is breathtaking, that form and those lines, so gorgeous! TerriC
Carla said…
It always amazes me when the "hot" retired racehorses turn out to be pretty calm individuals after all.
Does Duffy have someplace warm to lay his old bones at night when winter takes a hold of your place? :)
Anonymous said…
Oh what a magnificent horse. You are so blessed my dear. It takes special people to have horses like you do. In return the horse knows he gets t.LL.Care. Such a huge animal. Like I said before. I would be scared and gals I am just looking from my computer. I feel like the city mouse looking at a huge tiger in a zoo area.

I enjoy your pictures of your horses. That 11th picture of him. I am in awe of him. Oh the close up of his face is a beauty.

Thank you.
This N That said…
Thanks for visiting the horses..They are so handsome and their moves are so fluid and graceful..Lucky Becky..I know she has worked hard and it seems to be paying off.
Junebug said…
Wow, What a transformation!! Sid you are beautiful!
Janie said…
So nice. All in their winter wooleys. Its been 2 1/2 years since my Lass died (second winter) and I miss having horses so much...
happyone said…
How pretty he is!! I've made friends with a horse at one of the farms that I walk past. He now trots up to the fence and lets me pet him.

I love being up early in the morning too. It is when I walk and my favorite time of day.