They Call Me The Wanderer.....

"Well, I'm the type of guy who will never settle down.
Where pretty girls are, well, you know that I'm around.
I kiss'em and I love'em 'cause to me they're all the same.
I hug'em and I squeeze'em they don't even know my name.
They call me the wanderer - yeah -the wanderer.
I roam around around around around...."

Oh, surely you remember that old song by Dion!
Well, these days it's Bobby's theme song.
Bobby is our Maine Coon-esque barn kitty.
He is best friends to orange tiger TomTom,
and royal pain in the butt to Queen Ella Bella!

Lately, however, TomTom has been a bit lonely.
Bobby has been absent quite a lot.
The other afternoon, Becky came to tell me
that Bobby has been visiting her barn
and curling up for naps in her hayloft.
Which, has driven her barn kitty Lucy a bit crazy.
Lucy is a loner.
Bobby drives her nuts.

So, I headed up to Becky's barn to check on Bobby.
When he heard my voice, he came down the hayloft stairs
to see me....
I could tell by that look on his face that I had disturbed his nap!
But, he continued down the ladder
 and out onto the Gator
for his taxi service home.

Much to Lucy's chagrin, he has continued this practice
curling up in the dark recesses of Becky's hayloft
each day for a nap.

"Oh yeah, I'm the type of guy that likes to roam around
I'm never in one place, I roam from town to town
And when I find myself fallin' for some girl
I hop right into that gator of mine and drive around the world
'Cause I'm a wanderer, yeah the wanderer
I roam around around around around around around
'Cause I'm a wanderer, yeah the wanderer
I roam around around around around around around around
'Cause I'm a wanderer, I'm a wanderer "

Comments

Unknown said…
What is it about felines that seems to manifest dispositions as if they're all designed by only one gene - and no two the same? Almost seems like it doesn't matter how many cats one takes on - they're never too bored - nor entertained enough to go without one more! Thanks for the morning coffee fun!!
Julie said…
That song is going to be in my head all day!!!
Junebug said…
Yes Julie I also have The Wanderer playing in my head. Bobby, Bobby,what do I say?? Leaving your friends lonely just to get a few extra winks. Well she best be worth it!!
Unknown said…
Cute, post and I love that old song...
Sandy said…
One of my favorite songs! Now every time I hear it or sing it I will think of Bobby! You should have your stories published as a book. I think you're an excellent story teller!

Teacup Lane (Sandy)
Anonymous said…
I know that look very well..yu have the greatest cats..what a picture they are..sitting under their little heat lamps