Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Breathtaking

I had to share this evening's view from our back deck.
Here is the scene.....the air is crisp and cool; the smell is that wonderful autumnal scent of decaying leaves and wood fires in distant stoves; the only sound is the "who,who,who-hoooooo" of a great horned owl calling to his mate. This sunset is right at the top of the top 10 sunsets list! I hope wherever you are, that you had the opportunity to see this spectacular close to another perfect day here in that paradise we call planet Earth.

8 comments:

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hey Bev,

Yep your right....this definitely ranks in the top 10 of best sunsets...absolutely magical..

I got mail!! As I petted the sweet guinea feathers I could hear them in the distance....they are such cool birds! Thanks a bunch. :0)

Hugs,
Steph

Dawn Dutton said...

Lovely post and photo.. thanks for sharing, Dawn

The Beneficial Bee said...

Oh my gosh! It is beautiful. It actually looks like a fire! Great shots. Jess

Autumn said...

AHHHHHHH!
Tks for reminding me to stop and look at sunset- I have to peek between the trees to find it- but I will find it!!!!

countrynmore said...

Cool sunset. I always enjoy a beautiful sunset. Sunsets help us to take time to enjoy life and the world around us.

Anonymous said...

Fall sunrises and sunsets are the best ..this one's a beauty

Ruth said...

Just gorgeous. We were watching the beautiful sunset out of our back windows. Even my son, who's 12, was in awe.

Ruth

Sheryl-lyn said...

Isn't that gorgeous!!??? It does look like fire. Glad you were there to catch it live!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails