Construction Update

So much is happening this week at the farm (weather permitting). The stone masons have been busily building chimneys. Here is the new chimney for the great room fireplace...Our contractor has started the deck that will be on the front of the house...
This week the painter is going to clear-coat the interior logs. And, the siding crew will be finishing up the little guest cottage. Unfortunately there is a threat of rain and rain-snow mix during the week. We need the precipitation, but, oh, waiting is so hard!

Comments

Teresa said…
I can't believe how nicely it's all coming together. I can't wait to see it finished. I haven't had a chance to make the teapot appliques yet, but will let you know once I do. Have a great week and I hope the weather holds out for your contractors. :-)
~Teresa
Oh, my, that's going to be a beautiful home! I love the rock on your fireplace...and all that wood....just looks warm and welcoming already!

Thanks for visiting my garden... there'll be many qarden pictures (and critters) starting next month when we move back to Washington for the summer....I'm excited to go back!
Moving right along...I've been waiting for the deck to start! Gee, you'd think I was building this place..hahahaha..it is fun to go along the path with you....how's the sewing area design coming along?..I picked up the spring/summer issue of Studios today....just more ideas to baffle and confuse me..LOL

Steph