It's December!

Hello!!!  and Happy December!!  

I should have directed those salutations your way days ago, but, you know... sometimes - life.  Yes, sometimes life happens and it throws curve balls our way, and we have to regroup.

So, here we are - fully regrouped and ready to do December... in a big way!   My month is a little fore-shortened, as we will have our huge family Christmas celebration on the weekend prior to Christmas.  With one fewer week available for preparations, I felt the need to get right to it as soon as Thanksgiving was over.  I am happy to report that trees are decorated - as well as any available surface in the house.  

Here are just a few peeks at what I have been up to... the rest I am saving for a good surprise!!  Next week some time I will reveal my biggest holiday project.  But for now, the mantle is festive (but not too!).


If I had time (who knows, I might... but first, I HAVE to finish the cabled sweater!) I think a couple of white knitted Christmas stockings would look nice.

The dining room table (which tomorrow will be filled with gingerbread house decorators) has a centerpiece on it.

Guest bedrooms all have a touch of seasonal color.

There are fun little touches of whimsical snow men here...

and there...

and everywhere!

As for outside the house... snowmen now hang on the fence posts where just a few short weeks ago, tiny pumpkins were shriveled.  

The several, small snows that we had last weekend are long gone... melted by this week's almost 60 degree weather.  It's so unseasonably warm that my garden is confused, and blossoms are opening!

One thing we can count on at this time of year is an amazing sunrise!

Life for the animals is humming along at the usual pace.

They live for mealtimes, I swear!

Some, however, would let you know that this weather is completely unacceptable!

Hubb's newest gnome house has been turned into a cheerful gnome hat which will sit upon a stump that looks perfectly like a gnome's face.  As soon as the future inhabitants of this little house arrive, we will show you the finished project... complete with a face.

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
everything looks wonderful. i'm not even having a tree this year. but, willie's x-ray is next thursday. we've made it through two months!
Anonymous said…
It looks so cute for the holidays and yes some white stockings hanging from the mantel would look great!
daisy g said…
Love all of your snowmen! Every year, we decorate our white fridge in the kitchen with a snowman's face. It adds a bit of whimsy to my day!

Enjoy the festivities!
Marcia LaRue said…
Love your snowmen, as well! The gnome house hat is just too cute!
Your decor ... as usual ... beautiful yet understated!
This N That said…
Welcome back...Everything looks lovely as always..Such a fun time of year for those of us who decorate..Love the fireplace (wish I had one), your snowmen, the bedroom, and the fence posts..You make things happy!!
Hubs' gnome house is adorable..Have a happy weekend..xxoo
THE BEARDED ONE said…
YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZZING LADY...YOU ARE SO FULL OF LOVE AND KINDNESS...I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR YOUR BIF REFVEAL...THESE POSTS AND PICTURES ARE SO VERY AMAZING...YOU SURLEY HAAVE TALENT THAT YOU HAVE NOT UNCOVERED !!!!!!
Love your house! You do such wonderful seasonal things to it....always so fun to see what's new and always so decorative! Glad you had a bit of a rest, but probably not long enough. I know you have a ton of things to do and you got a ton of things done in the last day or two. Can't wait to see the gingerbread fun this weekend.