Returning to Normalcy

One thing that this spring has brought, as more are vaccinated and Covid wanes, is the ability to once again have visitors to the farm... and hugs, as well.

Too many months passed that we could not see friends.  But, for now, God willing, those days are over and we are once again sharing our little piece of heaven with others.

Yesterday we were visited by our friend Shannon and her two little girls, Ava and Della.

Most children are quite familiar with farm animals, but not all children get to touch them.  Our animals are always happy to offer gentle encounters for little ones.   This has been one of my favorite parts of farm life... helping to instill in children a love of animals.

We've had a week of spectacular, summer-like weather - maybe a little warmer than I would choose - but wonderful, all the same.

By afternoon, the dogs look for shelter from the sun and its heat.

I finished my four up-cycled chairs... one for shade...

the other three for sunlight.




Flowers are blossoming in all of the gardens.  What a beautiful spring it is!


Foxglove and lupines.... and so much more.


Sally seems to be adjusting to the loss of her Momma.  However, she doesn't seem to want to pal around with the other two... at least not yet.  Time will help.


Next Friday I will be bringing back another issue of Food For Thought.  If there are any topics that you would like to explore more deeply, please let me know!

It looks like it's going to be a quiet weekend on the farm... which is not a bad thing.  We've been so very busy lately, it will be good to relax a little!  I hope you have a relaxing weekend as well!

Comments

colleen said…
A tea party complete with fancy tablecloth for two sweet little girls. The chairs came out awesome. Which one will you keep? Makes me sad to see Sally all alone in this picture. I know she will mingle with the others in her own time. Relax and enjoy your weekend...I know you don't have to be told that to do so :) xoxoxox
daisy g said…
The chairs look fantastic! I'm partial to the last one, I have a thing for blues and purples. It's getting warmer here in the Piedmont as well, with temps expected in the 90's by week's end.

Enjoy a serene weekend.
So sweet when children learn to have a love for animals!
Sally looks lonesome there. I believe animals grieve for each other in their own way.
Your chairs came out beautiful. Love all the color flowers brings.
We are to have 90s this weekend here in southern NJ. I prefer those temps wait until summer is actually here but it is what it is. Enjoy your weekend!
Anonymous said…
Tea party is so cute we have had 8 days of rain and my flowers and yard looks too soggy
Anonymous said…
I've always used wood chairs in the garden. I start by drilling drainage holes before I place my pre-planted pot on the seat. I love the new way you have shown me to utilize chairs. I now have serious metal chair envy!!
This N That said…
How sweet..a ta party..Have to wonder how many little girls have that experience these days..
The chairs look great..I'm still looking for a metal one..More practical for out of doors..Hard to find just one chair..There are lots of sets..
Sally seems lost..sad.
Your flowers are gorgeous..
Getting hot too fast and very dry....water, Water, water!!!
Have a happy weekend..
Wow...I love those chairs you planted! They're gorgeous. Looks like everything is growing well at your farm. Fun to see the little people visit the animals too. Have a terrific weekend!
THE BEARDED ONE said…
AS USUAL...THIS ONE WAS SO PLEASANT AND ENJOYABLE..I SURE HOPE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER LOCK DOWN FROM COVIT...HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND..YOU AR SUCH A BRILLANT LADY !!!!


EDGAR C. BEARD