Playtime and Current Projects

I am sure you could have guessed that this is what we 
might be up to these days!


The ducklings had their first outing yesterday,
and I became their safe zone.


Call me Mother Duck.
(And no, I am not this skinny... the camera was on "wide angle" setting...
big head, huge feet, tiny body... LOL)


Getting them out to the pen was a bit of a fiasco.
Thinking that it would be best for me to carry two
and then go back for the third was most definitely a mistake.


The first two insisted on trying to climb through the fence.


And with Sammie so interested in these tiny beings,
I was fearful that he just might try to help them through the 
metal pen.


I ended up carrying the two back to the brooder house and picking up 
the third one.
I would have preferred not carrying all three at one time...
but it all worked out ok.


Next time, I will take them out when Hubbs is around to help me.

They had their fill of fresh air, and ate a few tasty bugs,
before returning home for a much needed nap.
A trip into the big wide world is stressful and exhausting
for such a little being.

Each time will get easier...
until one day when they are ready to take on the big wide world
and have the run of the farm.

That day will not be soon, however.

I wanted to show you the latest Maven Haven project.


We are making a winding, stepping-stone walkway from the gravel drive to the shed,
with stones that we found in the creek.
Hubbs has been digging them down into the ground so that we can mow 
across them in the end.


Yesterday was the last of our hot days (for now).
I spent the hot part of the afternoon in my sewing room,
making this apron....
#8 for the month.



I love this color combination... so cheerful!


This one (from the previous day) was #7 and is a gift.


So the next ten days are to be in the 70's... sounds heavenly to me.
A little taste of Autumn will make my heart quite happy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The ducks are so cute!
colleen said…
I think you are going to end up with house ducks.lol.
Love the walkway!! It's just what your she shed needed.
I'm loving #8.......
Countersinking those flagstones is very wise but such a lot of work!
This N That said…
the Ducklings are getting bigger by the day...They stick together like glue..I remember getting stones like that from a creek for my pond and gardens..Those were the days..Your aprons are great ..Love these colors..Did you make your watch band??Muggy out there today...Yuk!!
Leslye said…
Your blog is my ray of sunshine everyday,thank you.Did you make the top you are wearing if so what pattern is it?
Lynne said…
Always some work around BeeHaven but
oh my, when there is time for play . . . smiles all around.
Until those yellow babies find one is missing and they get all skittish!
Quite a tight, tight bond!