Vacation Mischief

Thanks to the hurricane that hit the East coast this week,
we finally had rain.
We awoke to showers yesterday morning that ended up 
giving us an inch of much needed rain.
By mid-afternoon, blue skies returned and the sun
shone abundantly.



When we were finished with afternoon chores,
I headed out into the front pasture to visit with the pigs and sheep.

"Do you really want to head out in your good clothes?"
Hubby asked.
"Oh, I'll be fine," I replied. (famous last words)

MaryAnn was her usual cheerful self and came running over to
visit with me...



and put her head in my lap.



And then I realized... after shaking drops of mud all over my white shirt...
 that it was a very muddy face that ended up in my lap.
Notice how she is smiling!


Hubbs says my Indian name would be "Rolls With Pigs".
True.


It's amazing to me how the world perks up after
getting its thirst quenched.
Immediately, the fungus comes alive!


I love this particular fungi.
I don't know it's name, but I call it "earlobe" fungus...
because that is exactly what it feels like!

Lately, the food bowl at the pond has been emptied...
more than what we know the ducks might eat.
So, we placed a game camera at the pond to see who
comes for supper.
Here is the line-up....

Mama...


 Baby...


 Mr. Possom...

At least one groundhog...


who just may have been posing for the camera.
Sadly he stood just a little too tall!



To Judy... Sadly, I don't have any more of the paw prints fabric
and am unable to find more of it.
I am sorry.

Comments

Anonymous said…
yeah for rain!
Marcia LaRue said…
I'm beginning to think the mail slow-down has already begun ... the 2 masks I ordered on July 27th and shipped the same day still have not arrived in Colorado! I know that is NOT your fault, Bev ... We know who is behind it!
It's a good thing everything you create is machine washable since you tend to not only roll with the pigs, but with all your animal friends! But mostly with the pig girls!
This N That said…
I am grateful for the much needed rain..now we are back in the heat again...It's a good thing that your clothes are washable although sometimes mud stains are tough to get out..I m not familiar with that fungus..It does look like earlobes..LOL..It would be nice to have a game camera..I doubt that there would be many surprises..The deer are starting on the neighborhood Hosta..Enjoy this pretty day..
Leslye said…
The other day you asked if there was anything we'd like in your videos,I would love to hear the sounds of the cicadas and katydids in the back round of one of your videos.I am so glad you like making them because I love watching them.