Full Hands

I was quite happy to see this...
(he came running when I called his name... dear boy.)


yesterday morning as I headed out to bring the horses
in from their night of grazing in the upper pastures.

Ollie's hairdo had successfully thwarted his attempts
at removing his grazing muzzle.


Yay!!
And, again I say...  isn't he adorable!
The wind in his hair as he runs across the pasture...
so model-esque!


We all walked back to the barn.


You might think 5 equines might be a handful for a single
person to maneuver.
However, when everyone is exhausted from the previous night,
it's like walking 5 sloths back to the barn... predictably slow.


And, of course, Moonie is in charge of walking himself back to the barn.
(I removed his muzzle before letting him exit the pasture.)

Daphne and Chloe have the run of the entire dry lot at
night while the horses are gone.


And while we are talking about the donkey girls,
Chloe's neck has healed nicely.
For now we are just watching it and keeping our fingers
crossed that she will have no more sarcoid tumors.




Yesterday was spent out of the sewing room.
I needed a day off.
Actually, I did make an additional 6 face masks first thing in the morning...
all 44 of yesterday's offering sold before noon.

I visited a few of our local Amish dry goods stores 
to procure as much 1/8th inch elastic as I could find.
So, I will be making more in the coming days.

I picked and froze blackberries...


and picked the Mexican sour gherkins and packed
them in brine to start the fermentation process.


They are packed in brine with dill, garlic, a couple nasturtium leaves,
peppercorns, and a large grape leaf on top to help hold the
cukes under the brine.
The grape leaf helps to make the pickles more crispy,
I have read.
The brine completely covered everything to keep mold from forming.
In two weeks or so we should have fermented pickles to put 
into the refrigerator.  (more on that later)

I have been wanting to freshen up our guest room.
We moved into our log home 11 years ago and at the time,
I decorated the upstairs guest room with a Northwoods theme.


The bed had a wool bedspread and flannel dust ruffle.
The rest of the room held antiques that matched the theme.


I felt as though the room needed to be lightened-up a little.


So, I changed out the woolen bed clothes for neutral cotton/linen.


All we need now is a guest!

I have no idea how this has happened,
but, somehow we have arrived at Friday again...
at warp speed!
Our calendar (as always these days) is empty...
but I am sure our weekend will be full!
We'll be back Monday to share the highlights.

Have a lovely weekend!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The guest room looks great!
daisy g said…
Have a wonderful weekend.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
one of my favorite things to do is swap out bedclothes. for some reason, it always makes me feel better! ollie is too cute!
colleen said…
Sweet, sweet Ollie. My fingers are crossed for Chole too. The video is just priceless. Just that little change made the bedroom look totally different. I was thinking....she can't change things as I love that room ….. but like always you never disappoint. Can't wait Until Monday to hear about the weekend happenings. xoxoxoxo
Jeannie said…
Great pictures and video of your horses. Grooming looks like fun for all. I enjoy watching the deer in my yard do the same, and it recalls when our cat, Tux, loved to groom our son's shaved head when he was a little boy. Your tiny watermelon gherkins are adorable. Have a nice weekend!
This N That said…
I love the picture of Ollie...Content, colors, etc.Glad the new do worked..You sure had your hands full..Glad to know that Chloe is healing well...Our grooming is a bit one sided..Zoey is always licking Mollie...SHe gets no reward for her trouble.Yummy looking Blueberries..Love the new look in the guest room..Nice change..Loved the old look as well..Enjoy your weekend!! xxoo
Unknown said…
If it weren't for all the work going on around here,, I would be at your door step in a nano second!
I'd bring the scones and you supply the Tea and those yummy looking gherkins!
Have a great weekend..
hugz
>^..^<
Unknown said…
Well that is odd,, it shows me as 'unknown'.. but it's me, gracie aka katmom..
>^..^<
Katmom said…
Don't laugh,, I think I figured out why my comment did not show as me.. I am an Airhead some times!
hugz...
>^..^<