Assistant Needed

We finally got a little break from the heat yesterday.
It only reached 90 degrees.
Normally, that seems awful hot...
but yesterday it was a welcomed relief!


The horses had spent their night out in the upper pastures.

Somehow, Ollie had shed his grazing muzzle during the night,


and greeted me with a fat belly and a look of satisfaction-
when I arrived at the pasture to walk them back to the barn.

Once home in the dry lot, the usual mutual grooming happened,


and then everyone settled in for a morning nap.

Because the morning was cool,


I spent an hour in the garden...


watering, weeding, pruning,


and generally tidying up.


It's been a great summer for solar energy.
It seems that almost all of our days are sunny.


I know that I am remiss in including photos of all of the animals
at times...


so I just wanted you to know that everyone is still with us.
We've had no losses or additions...
except for this past weekend's chicken losses (2)
and last month's runner duck disappearance.


Otherwise, everyone is still happy and (apparently) healthy!


I fear my sewing room may have turned into a sweat shop
in the past two days...
in part, due to the hot weather
(although I have had the AC on!)
and in part because I have been up to my knees in face mask sewing.


Yesterday I finished 27 more masks and listed them in my Etsy Shop.


(Nineteen from the previous day had sold by 9 AM.)
I was amazed!


I have decided that I will make new masks as the seasons change.
Since it looks like we will be wearing them for a while,
we might as well have some fun while we are staying safe!
I will make autumn, Halloween, and Christmas patterned ones in the coming 
months...
as well as other fun designs along the way.

Today, I am taking the day off from sewing.
I think I need an assistant!
(The pay is peanuts!)

Comments

colleen said…
Minerva and the sunflower...Jack and the bean-stalk!! I would like to put my application in for helping with the masks!! xoxoxoxox
daisy g said…
Glad to hear everyone is okay. I am still hoping for the safe return of that errant runner duck.

I'd love to buy some masks from you, but they sell so quickly! I'll keep checking.
Thank you for being part of the solution.

Another scorcher today here. Thankful for AC. ;0D
Anonymous said…
Your masks look great!
Grandma Zee said…
Beautiful masks, what a great idea to make them to fit the seasons. I will have to do that for my kids, grands and great grands. Where did you get your pattern for the fitted ones. I think they may be a bit more comfortable than the pleated ones. We are hot here in Utah, mid 90's, so I work in the garden in the early, early morning, but no humidity.
Barbara Beach said…
I love glads & yours are spectacular!
Marcia LaRue said…
Your glads are beautiful ...
Your masks are fun and reasonably priced! Luckily, Humana Insurance sent their insureds 2 masks that are tricot lined and a lime green color with Humana written on one side of the front! Very comfy and breathable ... but they still give you a face sauna in this heat! Whew!! We are heading towards 91 degrees again today!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i'm in line for fall masks!!! i'm telling you, yours are the nicest ones around!
Those glads are just gorgeous!
This N That said…
Your Glads are lovely..I usually don't like them because they remind me of Funeral flowers.those and Iris..Both can be beautiful..
That little devil Ollie..such an imp...
Your garden looks wonderful..well taken care of..Minerva does a good job.
Nice to see Annie...
Your masks are adorable..Love the seasonal idea..Won't that be fun?? Busy, busy!!
Your PI doesn't look much better.. Wish I could be your assistant..couldn't keep up with you..
Karen said…
Seasonal masks are a great idea! And lots of plaid - I LOVE plaid! Somewhere I saw a flannel mask for sale - perfect for winter. Sadly I agree - this virus will be with us quite awhile. I'm happy that all of Bee Haven Acres are happy and well:) Karen - Arlington, WA
Pam said…
Love your blog! I would also like to know where to find the pattern for your masks. I already made some pleated ones, but would like to try some like yours!
Hilly Nicolay said…
I came here via another blog.
You all have things that I like.
Gladiolus, horses, donkeys, vegetable garden.
Nice to read here.

Greeting