Some Days

Some days are not fit for man nor beast.


A cold, rainy day in May is one such day.
I've washed and stored away my winter work jacket,
but working in my sweatshirt and spring jacket right now...
well, it's down right cold!
And wet.


This was the scene around the farm yesterday...


everyone stayed under shelter.


As for the runner ducks...
they love the rain!


On my way up the driveway from the pond, 
I spied something unusual in the top of one of our trees.
Can you see that little bird in the middle of this photo?


It was actually no small bird, but a rather large one.
Let's zoom in a bit...


A female turkey had roosted about 50 (at least)
feet off the ground in the top of this tree.
That was a rather strange sight!

And that, my friends was seriously the most interesting thing about
yesterday's cold, rainy day.
Today it is to be sunny and in the low 60's.
And the good news is... today is brick-laying day for the shed!!
YAY!!

Greens...


fresh out of the garden...
lettuce and kale...
salad... it's what's for dinner!

Comments

daisy g said…
It was 36 here this morning upon rising. Almost a full month after our usual last frost day. Ugh. I hope the sunflowers are okay out there...

Hoping today is brighter for you!
This N That said…
You better get that jacket out of storage. You’re going to need it this weekend. I didn’t know turkeys could get that high! Hugs
littlemancat said…
Yes,the weather's been pretty cold here,south of you. I had more layers on for yesterday's walk. We're in for a few more too. At least the sun's out today which makes such a difference.
Love those green goodies!
Mary
jaz@octoberfarm said…
that is the olympic flyer of turkeys! i had to cover all of my tomatoes last night. i haven't been out there yet to see how they faired. i'm afraid to look. and it will be even colder saturday night.
Karen said…
Cold and rainy here in the Pacific Northwest - but then it's suppose to be near 80 this weekend! *not usual for around here

Last night I heard the first Barred Owl call - we have several different species that live in our woods. I adore the sound . . .Have a wonderful day Bev!
When I spotted that turkey in your tree, I thought maybe you would adopt her as a pal for your two guy turkeys....since Ethel isn't around any more. In our last house we used to have alot of turkeys that would fly up and roost in our big trees too. One time I spotted about a dozen of them up in the trees. That was the first time I realized that turkeys could get up there!!! Thanks for a great blog, Bev. Stay warm!