Okay!

Yesterday was my favorite kind of day.
We awoke early (4 AM),
 by 5 AM were were dressed... hopped in the gator...
 and off to do morning chores.


I love the way the barn looks early in the morning...


the fiery glow of the cats' heat lamps 
(all safely installed... as we never want a barn fire!)


We set about feeding, watering and cleaning up the night's manure


and within an hour had finished.

Back at the house, I fixed our favorite breakfast.
I had shared with you a couple weeks ago how I make my breakfast oatmeal.
The other typical breakfast I make is this:

sautéed veggies (here, Brussels sprouts, kale and spinach)


with an over-easy egg or two on top 


(the tiny egg in the front of the pan is courtesy of one of our new hens.... 
yes, apparently, one of them decided to get to work!)

On top of the eggs, a slice of cheese.


Delish!  And just a reminder... veggies are good with any meal!
We finished breakfast by 6:20.
Why so early?

Well... I had big plans for the morning.
I was to accompany my friend (who owns my favorite fiber/fabric store)
on a journey to a wool wholesaler.


She needed wool for the shop (for rug-hookers)
(She buys some by the bolt and dyes it herself in small batches)
and I wanted some plaid wool for my totes.


It was a successful trip.
My take-home was this:


Aren't they beautiful?
I can hardly wait to sew with them!

We were back from our adventure by late morning,
and I returned to the farm for a beautiful afternoon with temperatures reaching the 50's.


(Ahh.... Autumn, I thought you had abandoned us!)

(I think I need to buy the black kitties a lint brush!)

Seeing the pigs and sheep out in the front pasture,
I decided to do a little clean-up and visit with them for a while.


I'm not sure who enjoys these visits more...
me, or the pigs!


Either way, it's always a bit of a love-fest!


I have to tell you...
Yesterday, upon returning from the wool shop,
I sat in a local coffee shop,
(waiting for Hubbs to pick me up...
yes, the Prius is still in the shop - post deer debacle)
drinking some hot tea and reading all of yesterday's comments.
So... there I was (thankfully the coffee shop was empty) with tears running down my face.
I was truly touched by your comments of encouragement and affirmation.
Humbled.
And though you did give me a few concrete ideas... what I realized is that
normal life on the farm is really all I need to share.


I sometimes worry that my blog posts might become boring.
Apparently not.
So.... you are stuck with me.
I honestly cannot imagine not blogging 
after it being such a huge part of my life for the past 13 years.
Perhaps, on occasion, a day off will help.
And if you don't care that I ramble on about nothing more than daily life,
with an occasional bout of random inspiration or hilarity,
then, I'm your gal.

You keep showing up... and I'll be here.
Thank you... from the bottom of my heart.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful fabrics! We had a beautiful day yesterday too!!
The JR said…
I read all your posts, although I don't comment every day. Love your pictures. My friends always say that my husband and I are the most hard working people they know..........I think you two have us beat!

Happy week, and love your blog.
Susan said…
Just read your blog from yesterday and loved all the comments. I,too, enjoy reading about the animals and day to day chores. Yes, it does reapeat but that is part of what I love. The routine, the basics, the calmness is something I need and crave in todays crazy world. So I can't add much, just know you have another fan and supporter for whatever you decide to do! Love the wools!
daisy g said…
Beautiful fabric. Wish I lived close enough to take lessons!

You get what you give, Bev.
Lizzie said…
I love your blog and look forward to your updates!
This N That said…
You're our gal, for sure..What may be boring to you is fun for others..Many of us live our lives thru you...Wishful thinking..You give so much through your pictures and your words..Keep up the good work..
Love your fabrics..I can't wait to see what you make from them..
Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! I love that dramatic photo of the dark barn with the reddish glow from the open door!
Angie said…
Susan said it best, the routine, the basics, the calmness is what draws me to your blog. I read every day, rarely comment. I often find inspiration to try something new from your cooking and needlework posts. I love to see the animals. Never tire of animals, trees and flowers.
Barbara Beach said…
I love reading about your life on the farm and your love for all who reside there. Your love for your family shines through and that is definitely wonderful!
Kim said…
We, your fans, are kinda like the black kitty's affection towards Sam....awkward, intense, but very genuine.
Karen said…
Okay - now you made ME cry! I start my day with you and the farm - I love all of your animals - I would love to lay down with Ginger and MaryAnn:) I prepared myself for saying goodbye to your blog - a break or what ever you wanted. If this is makes you happy - then we ALL are happy! I'm just so thankful you want to share your slice of heaven with us - it means SO much. From one huge animal lover to another . . .
Anonymous said…
Reading about your daily life will never be boring for me.
Look forward to the beautiful animal pictures and your
interesting and clever comments each day. Thanks!
Phyllis from Oregon
Today's post was perfect--and I am soo very glad you took those 3(even though one died) all black kitties into your home--barn and just kept loving on them even when they 'hissed' at you --cause they are just beautiful in the photos and you can see that all that hard work of loving them and feeding them have paid off--thanks
luv, di
Grandma Zee said…
Please don't stop blogging, I agree with all the comments, and look forward each day to stories from the farm. And all the other activities you do, sewing, knitting, etc.
Leslye said…
So glad you will still be here for all of us that love you.You do give inspiration after seeing all your sewing projects I went and bought a new sewing machine at 68 years young.I swear whichever pig you are laying with is smiling,so cute.
Laura Sudderth said…
From the bottom of my heart, thank you Bev!
Jody in Georgia said…
Hooray! I was so very pleased you will continue on with your blog. It is truly the second thing I read every morning (the first being a couple devotionals to which I subscribe). Your blog is a ray of sunshine for me each day! You make me smile. Thanks for blessing all of your readers with your blog.
littlemancat said…
Just adding my two cents - everyone has said it so well - LOVE the blog, you can keep on keeping on, please! A visit with you and the farm friends is a wonderful tonic and balance of a thoughtful, well lived life against the increasingly toxic world we live in. Love lives here in Bee Haven Acres.
Mary
Lisa said…
I very much enjoy your blog here in Ky!
Lynne said…
Beautiful wool, plaid.
I am sure you have already been sewing/creating!
You an artist in so many realms . . .
I love the piggy love fest pictures.
No doubt about the love from you and them!
Love your blog, posts, tidbits, photos . . . all.
Please “keep on keeping on!”