Answer Me This...

So, if you have spent any time around this farm
visiting with us, then you know we are always trying to improve
the lives of our animal friends.


Besides caring for their physical needs,
we give a lot of consideration to their emotional needs as well.

Recently I read that pigs enjoy music.
I mentioned this to Jack and suggested we put a radio in their stall.
As with all things... mention it to this wonderful man
and it is as good as done!


He ordered a little radio and built a shelf in the corner of their stall
before I could even blink an eye.


This video was shot in the middle of a cold afternoon.
Nap-time music.
Now....
my question is this:
what sort of music do you think pigs enjoy the most?

Personally, I think that pigs would like classical music.
Sadly, I cannot find a single classical music station.

As you can see, we are currently playing Country music for them.
The radio is on a timer... going on at 10 AM and off at 4 PM.
No music plays during the night.
Winter days can be long when the snow starts flying.
I am hoping that music will help stave off winter boredom.

As for me, I am happily enjoying these cold days by the fire.


I've started a new project.
Here's a sneak peek...


Happy Friday!
I have a busy weekend ahead,
but I'll be back on Monday for a chat.
Have a great weekend!!


Comments

colleen said…
I think the music is a great idea.... maybe for more than just the pigs :)
I love seeing your needle work! You have a great weekend and I'll see you here on Monday.
Anonymous said…
Have a great weekend!
In many large show barns I've visited they frequently play country music - I don't know for sure if it's for the people or the horses. Pigs are so incredibly intelligent compared to our perception of them.

Love your new project - you amaze me. I have a few less animals than you do to care for on this farm, I don't know where you get all your energy - and folks consider me energetic!

Have a great weekend -

This N That said…
Maybe they need a CD player?? I have some classic cd's that you are welcome to have..They would just repeat themselves..Maybe a Bose radio with multiple CD's ..Nothing is too good for those piggies..I agree with the classical music..more soothing...If you put me in a room with country music, I would soon lose my mind :) Pretty needlework..
jaz@octoberfarm said…
if i had to listen to country music from 10-4 i would kill myself...maybe a little leonard cohen!