An Autumn Weekend

It was a perfect autumn weekend here on the farm...


made even more perfect with a visit from our Littles on Saturday
(we went to a pumpkin patch)


and a surprise visit from Tyler on Sunday!

(I snapped this photo earlier in the week at his soccer game.
His mom is the coach.)

Every moment between those two visits was filled with farm projects.


We had our first frost of the season, 
so I ended up harvesting all of the remaining hot peppers.
With them I made and bottled two batches of hot sauce.


We dug the sweet potatoes... 60 pounds worth!


They are currently drying on the dining room table and will be packed
away in saw dust and stored in a cool corner of our cellar for winter.


While in the garden, I noticed that my saffron crocus is back up again.
Soon I will harvest the tiny saffron filaments from inside each blossom.

I thought perhaps a video might make you feel like you, too, were with us this weekend...

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
What a lovely video and a fantastic way to start a Monday morning. Thank you for sharing your piece of paradise - it really cheered me up. Loved seeing the little black kittie with Sam. What a good dog he is and they look the best of friends.
littlemancat said…
Love the video - thank you for showing us your beautiful farm and farm pals! Love the Sammie and Beatrix 1 or 2 interaction. There's love on every second of the video.
And how my son would love the looks of that hot sauce! He is quite the fan.
Have a happy day and thanks again for starting our day with happiness too.
Mary
I enjoyed your video -- beautifully shot and edited! Of course, the runner ducks stole the show.
Loved the video! Put a smile on my face his morning. Sammie looked like he was not sure if he like the cat attention or not. That was funny.
Barbara Beach said…
Thanks for sharing your bit of heaven in PA. I think Flight of the Bumblebees might be a great song for the runner ducks!
This N That said…
It was a perfect weekend everywhere. Good job Chloe. Love seeing Sam and the black kitty. The. Kitties have come a long way.. Nice video. Have a great week. xxoo.
StrictlyMystic said…
The ducks always make me laugh! Looks like the kitty has a crush on Sam. Typical guy...pretending like he couldn't care less. Ha
Robin said…
Can’t wait to show my granddaughter how big her ducks have gotten. They look very happy.
Love the video! So peaceful to see black kitty rubbing on Sam, runner ducks running past the dogs,(no barking or chasing) and of course Marianne....was that piggy Marianne? It was a welcome video in our non peaceful world. Patty McDonald
Anonymous said…
Special video and oh, those runner ducks!
Phyllis
Jody in Georgia said…
Made my day! Love he interchange between Sammie and the black cat...so sweet. Thanks tons and bushels for this piece of peace!