Lazy Afternoon

It's mid-afternoon and the pastures are empty.


The horses grazed all night and are napping.


The pigs and sheep and goats have access to their grass all day long...


but prefer to partake early in the morning and in the evening.


Summer afternoons were meant to be slow and lazy.


I take a short rest with my two favorite pigs... a quick stop for belly rubbing  and ear scratching.


As for me... the 4th of July is right around the corner and there
are preparations to be made.
We're having a picnic for 30+ humans,
and several hundred fairies.

Fairies can't resist a gathering filled with mirth and merriment.
Love and laughter are the biggest attraction for the fairies.

The picnic pavilion is ready for the festivities.


When guests arrive, they have the choice of two entrances into the picnic grove.
The front entrance is the fairy entrance and is home to 
this fairy garden.


Both humans and fairies can use this entrance.


The back entrance is a magical log-lined path through the woods,


and serves as the entrance for the forest gnomes,
although humans are always welcome.


This is the last of this year's landscaping projects.
(Unless a sudden burst of inspiration hits me.)


I often get questions about our horses fly masks and 
some concern as to how they can see through them.


I put one in front of my camera and took this picture... so you can see what the horses see...


It mostly just distorts the color a little.

Also, someone commented last week about our "gumball" machine 
in the kitchen.


It is always stocked with dark chocolate-peanut M&M's.
I love putting special little things like that around the house.
All of our kids and grands will always remember the M&M machine
 at the farm.
😍

Today is the littlest of The Littles birthday.
Happy 2nd Birthday Easton Bear!!!


Comments

WendyFromNY said…
Love, love, LOVE the entrances to the pavillion! What an incredible and magical place to visit! I imagine it was even fun to set it up for the picnic. Have a lovely gathering!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i love those gnomes. i've been looking for ones just like them! what enchanted entries. people will remember more than your m&m's about your place but they certainly will also remember that bubble gum machine. everyone always remembers my german cabinet with the many drawers filled with movie theater candy boxes. happy birthday easton "go go"!!!
littlemancat said…
Love the pavilion magic! I love those mushrooms! And a very happy birthday to that sweet little Easton - how cute is he!
Mary
Anonymous said…
Everything looks great for the 4th!
Easton is getting so big and what a cutie. My fairies should be there by now and I hope they introduced themselves to you when they got there and they didn't just sneak in to the gardens. I want to thank you for hosting them over the 4th of July holiday.
"Summertime and the living is easy!"
Rain said…
Oooh M&M's - that's AWESOME!!! :) I love this post. I love your fairy garden and the little decorations you have. The photo of your dog with the pig is priceless!!! Enjoy your picnic this week!!!
This N That said…
I think you have some spam in your comments. The gnomes are adorable. The pavilion looks wonderful. Enjoy your fourth. Happy birthday to Easton. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long. Hugs
deodar said…
everybody remembers my mom's cut glass candy dish - filled with bite size Snickers though she's gone 12 years now