Garden Tour 2019

For me, the best part of the summer is the garden.


I am happiest when my fingers are in the dirt.


I love watching seeds become plants and then produce.


It's amazing...
the magic of summer!


I spent a lot of time gardening this past weekend.
We had hot, sunny days and stormy evenings.


We worked on a new project and began plans for yet another...
to be revealed later.
I filmed a garden tour for you.
If it doesn't show up below, you can find it at HERE, at this link.


We had special farm visitors on Saturday morning.
You might remember me mentioning meeting a gentleman who used
to live in our old log cabin when he was a child.
I met him when he accompanied his great granddaughter to a pre-school
farm visit.
Saturday, he brought his brother and sister who had also lived
in the old log cabin as children.


Here's Harry, Millie ("Sis"), and Jim:


It was fun to hear them reminisce about their days living in this place.
I think they all enjoyed seeing their old home...
although I believe it is a little more rustic, now, than it was at that time.

Now that July is here, the flowers that I planted are nearing maturity.
Everything is lush and colorful.


Now you can see why I love these Profusion zinnias so much!
And the Echinacea (coneflowers) just keep getting thicker each year.


It's obvious that the two feral kitties are quite comfortable with their home at the barn.
They are no longer feral, and add a whole lot of personality to the barn.


Comments

Louise Stopford said…
It's all so beautiful Bev. Really enjoyed your garden tour. Those kitties have come on a treat, so glad they are happy with their lives now. Thanks again for your wonderful video - I really don't know how you do it all. How lovely for those people to visit a place where they used to live as children.
daisy g said…
What a treat to have a garden tour. The memorial garden is lovely.

How wonderful for those folks to be able to go back to their childhood home. I'm sure it made them very happy.

I agree with you that spring and summer are indeed magical, as tiny seeds become food for our tables or beautiful blooms for us to enjoy. Amazing!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
what a remarkable place. you have my dream garden!
Just beautiful! And love those cats!
This N That said…
I'm sure that Harry, Millie and Jim enjoyed their trip down memory lane..How nice that you could make it happen..W'v had the heat and the sun but no rain...Hoping for some the end of the week..I'm spoiled..haven't had to water much until now..Thanks for the garden tour..It has come a long way over the years...Those Zinnias are wonderful..Did you name the feral kitties? Can you tell them apart??
littlemancat said…
What a pleasure to tour the garden! Just beautiful - I really don't know how you do all that you do. And so well.
The flowers and veggies look so good. And I'm happy to see the kit-kats out and about.
Mary
Anonymous said…
Enjoyed the garden tour.....it is beautiful and such a great variety
of healthy plants.
Phyllis