As Promised...

As promised, I video'd the runner ducks (new and old) this weekend.
You will notice that they are not out free ranging at the present time.
The reason for this is two-fold.
First, we have lost a couple more chickens to the foxes,
so, all of the poultry are confined to their yards.
Secondly, the babies are too young to be wandering
willy-nilly all over the farm.
Waiting until these twelve are well bonded, and the youngsters
are full grown is the safest course of action.


You can view the video HERE, if it doesn't show up automatically.

We had a rather busy weekend.
On Friday, a dear friend and I headed to Pittsburgh for Vintage Market Days.


We had a wonderful time strolling through aisles of vintage vendors.
Luckily, I drove our truck... because I found this wonderful cart:


which is now parked at the entrance to our barn driveway...
filled with flowers.


For autumn, I will fill it with mums and pumpkins.

I also found this...


And in case you cannot tell what is underneath that mass of greenery,
it's an antique porcelain bedpan.


Yes, I love a little medical humor.
Did I ever tell you that I use an old urine collection glass as a creamer?
Don't worry, I sterilized it first!!

I also saw these garden markers...


which I did not purchase,
because... I can make them.
These are going to be a winter project for next summer's garden.

I also thought that this was a really great idea...


using old music books as place mats!

Saturday, Hubbs and I attended the State College Festival of the Arts.


We strolled the streets of Hubbs' college town 
amazed by the creativity of others.

The remainder of the weekend was spent enjoying our own little
corner of the world... our favorite place of all!


Oh, how I love bringing in fresh flowers from the garden.
If only they bloomed all year long!
But, I wouldn't trade our changing seasons for all the flowers in the world.

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
Loved the Runner duck video. They are getting on so well together. I was surprised when you said that they were gentle and generally accepting of other ducks, unlike chickens. Chicken integration, I have found, is SO hard and not nice to witness at all. These little fellas are going to have a wonderful life. What a lovely couple of days you have had. The cart is amazing.
Anonymous said…
The video was wonderful! I love the cart!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
that cart filled with mums and pumpkins will be swoon worthy!!! what a great find! you had my kind of weekend. i wish i could have runner ducks. they are just too cute!
Loved the video. The new runners look really good and I am glad they are getting along with the older ones. I like the cart too. Are you going to coat it with something to make it waterproof?
This N That said…
I loved your video..It looks like the newbies feel protected by the original ducks..cute...Your cart is wonderful..What a find and a perfect place for it!! It will be wonderful in the fall with pumpkins, mums and maybe a bale of hay..Great placemat idea too..and the bedpan LOL
Leanna said…
I'm new to your blog and I'm loving it. That cart is beautiful with the flowers. I can just picture it with the pumpkins ready for autumn.
Cheryl said…
I loved your little video of runner ducks it looks like older ones are being a little protective already.The cart was a great find and looks good filled with flowers. I had a chuckle at your sense of humour with the bedpan lol
regards
Cheryl
You scored big at the vintage market!