Just A Quick Chat...

It feels as though we are neighbors, you and I...
neighbors who chat across the pasture fence each day.
I tell you what's been happening on the farm...
but I have to guess what you've been up to! (feel free to enlighten me!)


Today our chat will be quick,
for, you see, I spent yesterday morning keeping my little people.
I was a polar bear and they were taking care of me....
making me stone soup to eat.
(Who needs toys when you have landscaping stones underneath the deck
and an endless imagination!)


The rest of my day was dedicated to getting my tomatoes and peppers into the ground.
I planted 30 tomato plants...
green, yellow, orange, pink, red, purple, black and blue tomatoes.


I love planting colorful tomatoes... and yes, those colors really exist...
some are subtle, so are bold... I'll show you when I harvest them!

I also put in 16 hot pepper plants and 16 sweet pepper plants.
We fell in love with hot pepper jelly last season, so I will be making more of that
this year.

We had our first meal of fresh picked asparagus, and it was heavenly.
I can hardly wait for the next.


And now, dear neighbor, I am going to wave goodbye and head back to my garden.
It's time to add a few perennial flowers to the butterfly garden.
I am planting two of my very favorites... foxglove and delphiniums... two very old fashioned 
flowers.


Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
foxgloves and delphiniums are two of my favorites! i just love perennials in general. as soon as i get out of puppy jail i am heading straight to the amish nursery!
daisy g said…
I will be putting in sweet potatoes later in the month and one of my neighbors just gifted me with 3 huge white sweet potatoes. I will eat one, and if I like it, will plant the others.

It looks like my tomato growing days are over, as I can no longer eat them. There are still plenty of goodies out in the garden for me to savor!

Looks like you had a full and satisfying day! ;0D
Angie said…
I love lupines. They remind me of my childhood, growing up in a rural small town overseas in the late 60's. My uncle had a pond stocked with trout in the middle of nowhere. Lupines were growing all around the pond. I remember many Summer days walking with my grandparents to the pond and watching my grandpa cut the grass around the pond by hand with his scythe (?). I think that's how you call it in America. My grandma and I would rake the cut grass and load it on an old goat cart. I wish I had some of his tools today, and of course the goat cart. He kept his tools in immaculate shape, all sharpened and serviced by hand by himself. I am grateful for the simple childhood I had.
This N That said…
I planted some Lupines a year or so ago..They didn't come up again..I try to stick to Perennials..Once and done..hopefully altho it doesn't always turn out that way..Asparagus from the garden sounds yummy..Hope you are having a great week..xxoo