Welcome April!

I truly am spoiled.
Truly.
Yesterday was my birthday,
and I am really not sure how it happened that I got to be this age!
(one day at a time... like everyone else!)


I had a spectacular birthday weekend.
Saturday was filled with adventure... off the farm.
Hubbs and I left the farm before the sun came up and drove to New Jersey,


just outside of New York City.
We took a transit train into the city for a day of fun.
When we arrived, we parted ways... but just for the morning.
Hubbs wanted to go through the Natural History Museum again,
and I was craving a trip to the fabric stores of the fashion district.
I found a few pieces of fabric that I brought home with me...


We met each other early in the afternoon and saw the musical "Wicked".
It's the behind the scenes story of Glinda the Good witch and the Wicked Witch of the West.

(photo from Google photos, as taking photos during Broadway productions is strictly forbidden)
What an amazing musical!  (highly recommend, if you ever have the opportunity!)


The main curtain in front of the stage is a map of OZ,
and the sides of the stage are decorated like this...


Our seats were right up front in the center.
Wonderful fun! 
We had dinner in the city, before catching another transit train out.

Hubbs took care of Sunday morning farm chores, while I cooked a big 
Sunday Farm Breakfast.
We had a visit from Tyler and his Mommy.
They came for Farm Breakfast and stayed through the afternoon.

My daughter and I played a highly competitive game of Scrabble.
She beat me.
(It seems that someone has inherited her mother's Scrabble skills.
 Also, please notice that I had three (i)s and two (o)s to deal with!
At one point I had a whole tray full of vowels!)
Anyways, I have been knocked off my Scrabble Queen throne!


Because I had missed morning farm chores, 
I took a walk out in the afternoon to see the animals.


The pigs and sheep had had access to the front pasture, after the horses were finished grazing.


Seeing us across the pasture, the pigs came running to say hi.


Looking at them, you might never believe how fast they run.


I will video them so that you can see.
It's pretty amazing, actually.

Today we begin a new month... April.
It's a month filled with garden projects, warming temperatures,
and normally a fair amount of rain.
It's a month full of magic and so many possibilities.
I'm so excited!
Thanks for stopping by to share a little bit of it with us!

Comments

colleen said…
Happy belated birthday! Your material is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you make with it.
Sorry to hear you lost your crown :(
daisy g said…
Happy, happy birthday! May this year be filled with wonder, joy and love.

My sister and I adore Scrabble. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a special, magical day!
This N That said…
Glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend. Its as it should be...xxoo
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a great birthday weekend!!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
happy birthday bev! my daighter's birthday was saturday. things are budding out here. i am getting itchy to get my hands in the dirt.
Cindy said…
Happy birthday! Sounds like a great birthday weekend!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday and thanks for such a wonderful blog that I enjoy each day!
Phyllis
janie said…
Happy Birthday and many, many more!!

Enjoy, Janie
Karen said…
Well you had the most wonderful birthday! WELL deserved:) Here's to many, many more. *I can't wait to see Ginger and Maryann running:)
diane in northern wis said…
Happy Birthday to you! Thanks for an always great blog!