Enjoying The Early Signs of Spring

The dogs and I took a walk yesterday afternoon.
The temperature had reached almost 60 degrees and we were all eager
to get outside and enjoy spring.


As usual, Bobby tagged along with us.


We were out in search of signs of spring.
Happily, we found several.
So many things to be thankful for...

The daffodils in the front pasture are ready to bloom.


The hyacinths in the butterfly garden are up.


The goldfinches' drab winter plumage is slowly 
changing into bright summer yellow.


Flocks of grackles and blackbirds and starlings have returned.


Robins are busy nesting.


It's a good time of year to spot nests that will be returned to,
as soon as the camouflage of leaves returns to the trees.


This Baltimore oriole nest hangs next to the vegetable garden.


Each summer as I work in the garden a few orioles serenade me from these trees.
Eventually, one morning I will hear their melodic song and smile at their
much anticipated return.

Everyone seems to be enjoying this stretch of lovely weather
we have been enjoying.


I have had to ban the guineas front the vegetable garden to keep them
from taking dust baths in newly planted seeds.


They are rebelling by decimating all fairy gardens they can get into.


Luckily, fairy gardening has not yet begun.
By the time I attend to these miniature worlds,
the guineas will have lost interest.

Of course, no walk is complete without a stop to visit with these two gals...


I can always count on hugs and kisses when I sit with Daphne and Chloe.
And just in case you were wondering,
Daphne's hoof is healing nicely.
She seems to have no discomfort in it any more.


Comments

It is spring here too finally. My fairies got back from Key West the day before St. Patricks and they have been cleaning out there little homes. They have mentioned visiting you again this year and I told them I would ask you if that will be okay. They love your tea and biscuits in the morning.
This N That said…
Spring is flirting with us..what a tease!!