Two Weekends in One Week?

You may have noticed, I got a little carried away with the Fourth of July,
and treated it like a weekend.
Wednesday was mowing day for Hubbs and I...
we did the whole week's mowing in a single job and it took several hours
with both of us on mowers.


It was hot as blazes and soaking myself with the hose was the only way to survive
the heat as I drove back and forth on the mower.


Later that day we enjoyed the yearly neighborhood celebration...
a covered dish picnic, the traditional "white elephant" bingo game, and fireworks.


It was the perfect summer celebration.
A quick rain shower in the afternoon cleared out the heat for a few hours.

Chester (Pester) stealing goat food.
Yesterday, the heat returned.
Luckily, our "littles" came for a day of swimming and grilling,
so we stayed cool in the pool.
It was Easton's first time in the pool and he loved it.


Mackenzie is, at almost three, quite the little fish.


After dinner, we visited with all of the animals.
I couldn't wait to show her how big the baby ducks had gotten.


We spent a little time with her beloved horses,
where she proceeded to tell me "Grammie, Moonie has a really big penis!"
Out of the mouths of babes... so matter of fact.
(I hope I haven't offended, but we use correct anatomical terms around here.)
I had to agree... and luckily the conversation ended there.

We played in the garden where my little fairy enjoyed a few fresh veggies...
eating 3 tomatoes, half a cucumber, a sugar pea, a handful of red raspberries,
 and a freshly pulled carrot.


There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing a child grazing in my garden!

Snacking inside the garden playhouse.
By the way, we picked another 8 (or more) quarts of blueberries and more black raspberries,
yesterday.


I think our littles polished off one of those quarts.
Most of the rest will go into the freezer.

We had so much fun, my little fairy, and I... so much, that there were tears
when it all came to an end.
There are many happy days ahead, little one.


Tonight we are hosting friends for a make-your-own-pizza party in our pavilion.
I'll be spending part of today making homemade crusts.

And, tomorrow, Tyler is coming to spend the day on the farm.
There's so much summer fun to be enjoyed...
and this week seems to be packed full of it!

It's hard to believe that it's Friday again.
It seemed this week like we had a weekend in the middle of the week.
We'll be back on Monday with more tales to tell.
Hope your weekend is great!


PS... Hubbs flew off his bike in the woods, yesterday. and landed on his shoulder.
He's getting it x-rayed this morning... hopefully it's something minor... I'll keep you posted.


Comments

mommar6 said…
You certainly live life to the fullest! Looks like you are making the most of your summer! Fun
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful day you had! Too funny what your granddaughter said!!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
oh no!!! i hope hubbs will be okay! retirement is a dangerous job! i would cry too if i had to leave your farm!
Colleen said…
I find myself daydreaming after I read most of your posts, just imaging all the fun and how you make the most of every minute of every day. Sorry to hear about Hubbs. Please do give update.
daisy g said…
It did feel like a weekend.

Sending healing vibes to Hubbs.

Thank you for sharing your adventures.
What a wonderful grandmother you are, your farm a disneyland for those grands. :-)

Patsy from Illinois said…
What a precious fairy who came to visit with you. I can't wait to have a garden tomato. Ours aren't ready yet.
This N That said…
It's great that you have the farm to share with ...everybody..Such a wonderful place...Precious times..I envy the littles, their age and their experiences to come..I hope they are all as wonderful as that day was..
littlemancat said…
Love Mackenzie's observation! The little ones tell it like it is. The photos of her enjoying the veggies are too cute.
Hoping your Hubbs is ok!
Keep cool, the week-end is to be much better. Just imaging all that mowing in the heat and humidity!
Mary
Mar
Lynne said…
Busy fun times . . .
“Two weekends” of wonderful . . .
Can’t get any better . . .
I am sure the pool was a refreshing favorite spot . . .
I could see the HEAT on Little Miss M’s face . . .
We are finally receiving a reprieve here!
Pizza party sounds fun, sure hope “Mister Bee Haven” is ok!