Hay There! It's Friday!

One more load of hay to stow, and we are ready for whatever
Old Man Winter decides to throw at us.


Yesterday we took delivery of 100 bales.


I lifted those 100 bales from the pile and set them on the hay elevator to the second
floor of the barn, where Hubbs and Anna stacked them neatly.
I had the easier job.
Stacking hay inside the barn is the hardest work here on the farm.
It pays off, however...
when it's time to feed all of the hungry mouths we have over the winter.


It was hot, sweaty work... even at 9:00 in the morning.


The rest of the day I spent finishing the mowing and working on a knitting project.
While I knit, Hubbs practiced flying his drone...
and took this footage.
I thought you might enjoy another birds-eye look at the farm and how
it is laid out.
There is a little footage of the surrounding area as well.


I love to see the area from above... 
it's a good reminder of just how lovely this area is!


I must tell you, I am in as much of a flutter as our running ducks.
It's one week until we leave for Africa and I still cannot believe that we are actually going.
If you'd like, next week I can share some photos of where we will be staying 
while we are there.
(As well as current tales from the farm.)
Have a lovely weekend!!

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
Thanks Jack for that marvellous birds eye view. Certainly is a beautiful area where you live. Would love to see where you are staying in Africa. I am in a flutter to as we are going away next week (not to Africa however), but getting organised and sorting the chickens and cats gets me very stressed. Have a lovely weekend and all the very best for a marvellous trip to African.
colleen said…
I watched the birds-eye view three times!! Please do share where you will be staying in Africa. What are you knitting on?
daisy g said…
What a beautiful place to call home. Thanks, Hubbs for the footage.

Enjoy your weekend!
Patsy from Illinois said…
Yes photos of where you are staying please. We want to make sure if is for you. Lol. Love the chub chub sheep. Your grounds are beautiful. You and hubbs do a wonderful job of keeping it up.
Karla said…
Looks like heaven to me and the music was perfect with it! Thank you so much.
The JR said…
A couple of weeks ago, the hubby cut our 4 acre hay field and there was 400 bales on it. Thank goodness the SIL came and helped to get it into our hay barn. I was under strict orders from the hubby not to pick any thing up. (Torn tendons in my ankle)

Happy weekend.
This N That said…
I don’t think either of those jobs is easy. Jack did a really good job with the video. Beautiful country and the farm looks wonderful... so peaceful. Your trip really came up fast. Have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures. xxoo
Lynne said…
Oh my you are a worker . . .
Tossing hay bales can’t be as easy as you said . . .
Impressive . . .
Drone views . . . Impressive too . . .
Love seeing these views of green . . .
Africa in a week . . . how excited you must be!
Looking forward to seeing, hearing more.
I hope you have an exceptional grand time!
Denny144 said…
Yes! Africa pics, please.