A Few Smiles

Every day, as I work around the farm,
there are little things that make me smile...
and I think they might make you smile as well.

Like...
a typical morning traffic jam as I commute to work...


my copilot...


the smiling faces that greet me...


oh my, those teeth!...


A wall of morning glories on the garden fence...


Monarch caterpillars stuffing themselves on milkweed...
preparing for their dramatic end-of-summer transformation.


New electric service... complete... for the goats and chickens.


Limelight hydrangeas, one of my favorites.


And an elephant ear whose leaf has grown to 36 inches in length...
makes me feel like I'm in the land of the dinosaurs!


The weather continues to be overcast with showers from time to time.
So, I have been....

reading these...


working on this...
(I have just a little left to do on her hair.)


I found the design on line and printed it out on the product on the right of this photo.
When I am finished working the design, I will simply rinse in warm water,
and the overlay will melt away and disappear, leaving just the design on my linen fabric.
This product revolutionizes hand stitchery!

Yesterday I made a batch of 16 pizza crusts.
This is the simplest way to pre-make crusts that can be topped and placed in the oven to finish.
I use Bobby Flay's pizza crust recipe (online) and simply roll each portion out
as large as I can with a rolling pin, then cook on top of the stove on a griddle...


cook first side until it becomes bubbly, then flip to finish the second side.
These freeze very well and are a great quick meal when needed.

Comments

The JR said…
It is a cool product! Thanks for sharing and answering my question.
Love the pictures. Critters make me happy.
colleen said…
My cheeks hurt from smiling. The caterpillar shot is just amazing!! Would never of thought to do that with pizza crust. I will be trying it for sure. Do you cook the veggies before you put them on it? Oh, and those teeth made me lol!!!
I love the Outlander series! The cookbook looks intriguing . . . let us know if you make any fabulous recipes from it!
Bee Haven Bev said…
Colleen....I usually sauté veggies lightly. It doesn't take long to cook a pizza when the crust is already done....just long enough to melt the cheese. It does help if you put your crust in the oven for a couple minutes first and then top it...helps make the crust crispier if you like that.
Kathy said…
You might want to use the HOV lane! Lovely photos and interesting goings-on!
Lynne said…
Thanks for the smiles!
Stitchery is beautiful!

“Mister Irish” says his favorite “yum” I make is my veggie pizza . . .
I use Naan bread for my crust . . . checking out Bobby Flay’s recipe . . .

The two books look like they would be filled with smiles!
Lynne said…
Monarch caterpillar shot is AMAZING . . .
Colleen said…
Thanks💕 can't wait to try it.