I Love A Rainy Day

Yesterday morning we were greeted by two wonderful things.
This fellow....


and drizzly rain.


After weeks of dry, with the ground starting to feel like cement...
a little rain was just what we needed.
I used the indoors time to do a little attic clean-up.
I have to tell you a little secret.
I save tissue paper.
Yes, I iron it and re-use it.
And so, yesterday I ironed about 50 sheets of used tissue paper and
re-organized my gift wrapping supplies.
Crazy, right?

Noontime brought the mail carrier to the door with a surprise package.


I entered and won a contest on Farm Made's website 


for this picnic hamper


stuffed with Farm Made goodies.


goats milk lotion, soap, bath balls, and washcloths.
What a great surprise!


It's been a very long time since I have won anything,
so I was super excited to receive an email telling me that the picnic basket was being sent to me.

I can hardly wait to pack a picnic in this sweet ole' hamper
and head out to some remote spot on the farm for an old fashioned picnic!

******

Our poor birds are all on lock-down in their yards...
no free ranging for ducks, hens, or turkeys for a while.


Mr. Fox has been very busy shopping for his dinner amongst my birds of late.
(I know this by the occasional mass of feathers left behind by some unlucky gal.)
And until he learns that this restaurant is closed to his business,
the girls will have to remain in their own safe yards.


We have seen more foxes this year than ever before.
I suppose it's a good year not only for tomatoes and cucumbers,
but also for foxes.

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
what a great basket! will the fox just go away when he realizes he can't get to the birds?
The JR said…
Congrats on the win. What a beautiful turtle.
I always say everything likes chicken
daisy g said…
Congratulations on winning the beautiful basket and lovely contents. I'm sure it will be put to good use!

Send some rain our way, please!
Anonymous said…
It is so dry here in the plains states, drought conditions. And I have a new pet! A box turtle has decide to live under our front porch!!
Unknown said…
Love the tissue paper ironing. I am all for anything that creates less trash by reuse. My grandmother use to wash straws and we thought it was crazy. Now all the news about the millions of straws in our oceans that are killing sea life has me skipping straws completely.
The farm looks so pretty this year with all the rain. Lisa G in TN.
This N That said…
We also had a very welcome inch of rain..I hope some of it soaked in..Pretty turtle..Sorry your chickens have to be "cooped up"..Safety is a priority indeed..Congratulations on winning the beautiful basket and it's goodies..Enjoy!
Lady Jane said…
Colorful turtle. I save tissue paper sometimes also, lol. What a wonderful win. Love that basket and goodies. hugs, lj
Lynne said…
Don’t want those fox eating any of your girls . . .
Love that picnic basket . . . and treats!
Congrat’s . . .
Colleen said…
I iron tissue paper also. The kids think I take frugality a bit over the top but they bring me theirs also. I store it all color coded. The turtle is just beautiful and the basket is lovely....which makes me think, I need to knit some dishcloths!