A Feeling

There are days when I haven't got much to say.
That may shock some of you who know me well...
but, it's true... some days are less about words and more about feelings.

Have you ever taken a selfie with a pig?
Yesterday was one of those picture perfect days...
not too hot, not too humid, slight breeze, sunniest of sunny days...
almost cloudless sky...
the kind of day you want to copy and put away in a safe place...
so that you can pull it out and visit it at any given moment...
(like the middle of January!)


I was filled with a very strong feeling throughout most of the day...
extreme, profound gratitude.

Gratitude... 
for this life, this day...
my family, my friends... the people who make up my wonderful, wacky world.

Gratitude for my home...
a home that we dreamed of, designed, built from wood and filled with memories...
a place that feels like a living, breathing entity of its own.


Gratitude for the mutts that have found their way into our lives...


For the animals who are always happy to see us....


And even for the ones who could care less...


For garden goodness which nourishes our bodies...


as well as our souls...


Gratitude for having all of the senses that we are blessed with...
so that we can truly enjoy the color that bursts forth
in this season of growth.

It's so important to open ourselves to what's around us...
to really see what is there and remember it with our mind's eye....
to live life in appreciation and gratitude.
It's my belief that this is the key to happiness.

It's days like this that help to warm us when the cold January winds blow...
when blue sky and sunshine seem so far away.

I am grateful for both.

Have a lovely weekend!
I am hoping for a little rain.
We'll be back on Monday with more Tales.

Comments

Colleen said…
I love this post and yes there is so much to be thankful for. I feel very blessed every single day! Thanks for all your words of wisdom xoxxo. Make it a great weekend.
Dee J. Hartman said…
God is great, God is good, and we're thankful for this world and all that is within! <3 <3 <3
jaz@octoberfarm said…
have a great weekend bev! enjoy your little piece of heaven! we just might get some badly needed rain!
Beautifully said...some days it's best to just stop and soak it all in. It was 48 degrees Wednesday morning as I did farm chores...such a blessing after the heat and humidity of so many mornings. I confess...I am not a summer gal! While I love the veggies, flowers, and time off from school with the kids, I do not enjoy heat. Today promises rain...and we are hoping it does come. A welcome relief for animals and Mother Earth.
We are grateful for you and Hubbs and all of the critters who inhabit your world. God bless and have a great weekend.
This N That said…
I, too, have a lot to be thankful for.Have a wonderful weekend..
Barbara Beach said…
Wonderful post! God is so very gracious and I although my world is very different from yours, I too feel so immeasurably blessed. Have a great weekend.
Dreamer Don said…
Well I will say one thing - your teeth are much prettier than your faithful friend. Ha! I love your Blog and can't wait to read it every day - keep em coming.
Blessings to you and yours.
Jessica said…
I love your blog and thank you for keeping it full of love and never hate!
Lynne said…
I like reflection . . .
And bringing gratitude along for the ride . . .
Ties things up nicely . . .
And . . . Piggy Selfies Rock . . .
Debbie Nolan said…
Beautiful post - grateful reminder to count our blessings...there are so many. Have a great weekend.