Falling In Love

It is that time of year when one can be swept away with the work
that goes along with rapid growth.
Planting, watering, weeding, mowing, trimming...


there's enough to do to fill each and every day.


It takes a commitment to making oneself slow down a little each day...
to stop and smell the roses along the way.


And although the work pays off...
with beautiful gardens and lawns...


the price can be exhaustion, if one's not careful.


I am being intentional about taking time to play each day...
to sit and swing,
to watch the clouds,
to spend time with my animals,
and more.


I swear - as I sit in my garden soaking in the energy of growth -
I can see the plants growing before my eyes!
(And the weeds as well... but we'll just ignore them right now...
we're resting!)


Do you remember?  At the beginning of the week I showed you the video of
my vegetable garden...
the lima beans had just germinated and their shoots had just broken the 
surface of the ground.
Now look.


Three days later that shoot has three leaves.
How wondrous is that!
It always amazes me how a tiny seed can produce a shoot that then 
grows into a massive plant.
It's nothing short of miraculous...
and it's happening all around us right now.

Spring gives us a chance to fall in love all over again...
to be overcome by the rapture of nature.

We've had the perfect conditions for fruit-growing this year:
no late frost, plenty of rain and sunshine.
The blueberry plants are loaded with blossoms...


as are the strawberries...


and the blackberries.


The grape vines already have clusters of tiny grapes.


And to think that just a few short weeks ago it snowed.

It seems to me that so many people are searching for magic and inspiration in their lives.
Perhaps they have forgotten to look outside their windows.
There's magic happening all over the place!

And if that's not enough...
there's always ducklings!


Happy Friday, friends.
It's Memorial Day weekend already.
To me, Memorial Day signifies the start of summer.
We'll be heading to the city for a large riverfront Arts Fest,
then spending the rest of the weekend here on the farm
soaking up nature.
We'll be back on Monday to share a little of it with YOU.

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
i stand staring at my plants each day fascinated by how fast they grow. it is truly a miracle. this 10 days of heat we are about to have should really make things grow! have a wonderful weekend bev!
daisy g said…
I, too, am amazed at the pure gumption of seeds. They just do what they are intended to do. A simple lesson for all of us to follow.

Enjoy your festival!
Lynne said…
Perfect . . .
Hard work and then sit back . . .
Look and enjoy . . .
Worth it, for me . . .
This N That said…
Glad you are taking the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor..Have a happy weekend..
It's an exciting time alright!
I feel the same way....it always delights me to no end to pull a sauce or soup out of the freezer on a snowy winter's day and know that I started those veggies from seed the winter before in my utility room and nurtured them all season! Mother Nature is truly glorious, her miracles are all around us!