Turning Our Faces To The Sun

Friends...
we are humbled by your outpouring of love and support over the loss of Gracie.
It is so true...
when we love and care for an animal it is with the knowledge that someday
we will have to let them go... to say goodbye.
What keeps us going is a little Hope...


A little Faith...


and a whole lot of love!

After every dark and stormy time,
 the sun comes out again and reminds us of all that is good in life.


So, we turn our faces to the sun and allow it to fill our souls with warmth.
And we put one foot in front of the other and march on.


There is much work to be done in this life...
and with it comes sadness that is unavoidable.
But the happiness is ours to grab and to multiply and to share.
It is up to us to make the happy far outweigh the sad!


And so, the sun rose yesterday.
We buried our precious Grace.
And we carried on... caring for all of the wonderful souls that still fill our world.


Hope and Faith are missing their Mama,
and spend a lot of their time calling for her.


It is sad, but with time, they will recover.
MaryAnn and Ginger seem to understand that something is wrong,


so they are staying very close to the twins.
The pigs have a whole lot of love to give!

I finished planting my new butterfly garden this week. 


I will add annuals like zinnias next spring.
And I will be ordering some milkweed to plant here.


One of the three tiny milkweed plants that I transplanted looks as though it might make it...
the others look a little sad.
Time will tell. (I say that an awful lot!)


We are celebrating Mackenzie's 2nd birthday this Saturday.
(can you believe it?)
And Tyler will be spending the rest of the weekend at the farm with us...
so our days will be full and fun and happy.
Hope yours are as well!

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
Your Butterfly garden looks wonderful. Hope you have a lovely family filled weekend and please give some very special kisses and hugs to Hope & Faith.
The JR said…
That is the saddest sound. Poor girls. Once again, I'm sorry. She had a wonderful life with y'all while she was here.

Take care,
Unknown said…
Just reading about Gracie, so sad for you all. Glad you have her girls to carry on. Blessings, Lisa G in TN
daisy g said…
I can't even bring myself to play the video. My heart is so heavy for you. Maybe Gracie will visit you in the butterfly garden next spring.
It looks lovely.
Enjoy those babies this weekend. Where DOES the time go?
littlemancat said…
Beautifully expressed
- wish you would do a book about your life at the farm. Complete with your wonderful photos.
In tears as I did watch the video. Time will heal. It's wonderful how the pig ladies know how to stay near the twins.
Mary
It is hard when a friend dies. Either human or animal. You gave her such a wonderful place to live and are now taking care of her little ones. God bless you.
Junebug said…
I also couldn't play the video this morning. I know the twins will adjust with help from the sweet piggies! Enjoy your family this weekend. Those grandkids grow so fast!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
faith and hope sound exactly like you should sound when you have just lost your mother. i still make that noise sometimes.
Tee said…
I send you my love and I have plenty of milkweed seeds to send to you, if you would like. We collect them in the fall and scatter them on every bare piece of earth we can find. You can plant them in honor of your loving mama sheep.
Laura Sudderth said…
I just knew that the girls would be crying for their Mama and they probably will for a while. And it is the saddest sound. I know you will comfort them a lot. I adore that butterfly garden. You will treasure it for years to come. Enjoy your weekend with your family. Hold them tight!
This N That said…
So glad that Hope and Faith have Ginger and MaryAnn..It's always nice to have good friends nearby at times like this..Great pictures....esp the 1st three..Your garden looks wonderful...I'm sure the butterflies will flutter right to it..Have a great weekend..ooxx
diane in northern wis said…
I just couldn't bring myself to listen to Gracies two babies crying for her. I am still sad about your loss of her. Will you ever figure out what happened to her? It is probably a good thing that it didn't happen while you were on your mini-vacation with friends. I just love your new butterfly garden....hopefully all of the milkweed plants will survive and then thrive. Aren't your pigs just the sweetest things...sensing that something is wrong. You have a lovely family there....humans and animals alike. Thank you for sharing the joys and the sorrows with us. Hope Faith and Hope cheer up before too long.
Donna said…
Oh no! Just seeing this...I'm so sorry for the loss of Gracie!!♥️
Sending prayer to you all!
Hughugs
Lynne said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said…
Beautiful, uplifting . . . yet sad.
Adjusting I am sure . . .

Down the street from me a neighbor mowed down my favorite milk weed patch.
I realized he was trying to create "pretty" but I ached for the Monarchs!
I wished I had been outdoors while he was mowing so I could
have asked him if I could have dug up some of the plants.
I have wondered about the success with transplanting though . . .
Good news about purchasing Milkweed seedlings . . . why didn't I think of that!
An American in Tokyo said…
I'm sorry to hear about Gracie, but glad that she was able to live a wonderful last part of her life at your place. I'm sure she was happy to live in such a wonderful environment with her two babies!