Sunday Evening

It's Sunday evening... the end of a long and busy weekend.
I am sitting outside the barn with my friends...


just enjoying the end of another beautiful weekend.
For some reason, I just love Sunday evenings.
I suppose it's because it wraps up the week...and we usually spend it peacefully
here with our critters. 
A new week awaits us... filled with possibilities.
For now, though, we just drink in all of the beauty and wonder that surrounds us.


I sit on the ground, watching the horses eat their supper.
The only sounds I hear are the munching of hay and the birdsongs.


It was a good weekend...the perfect mix of work and play.
Sunday evenings, though, are a time to appreciate the fruits of our labor.
 Weeks ago, I planted this small flower garden outside of the vegetable garden
with summer bulbs.


They are all up and beginning to bloom.


Every day I find a surprise in this garden,
as I had no idea what any of the bulbs would look like once grown.


There are dahlias...


gladiolas...


and so much more...


In another week it should be spectacular!


Yesterday, while weeding, I found my first ripe red tomato...


and several ripe yellow grape tomatoes.


Gardening is one of those hobbies that rewards you many times over
for the work that you put into it.


Of course, sometimes there are circumstances beyond one's control...
but for the most part...


 it is highly rewarding.


I am always utterly amazed at how diverse and beautiful nature is...


not only in its colors...


but in its styles...


If I could, I would pick a beautiful bouquet of every color


and send it to you...


just to brighten your Monday!


I hope, wherever you may be, that you have a chance to enjoy a little bit of nature today.
Take a moment and drink it all in.
It's nothing short of miraculous!

And speaking of miraculous....


Our newest little one came for a visit with his big sister.


He's grown and gained a pound in the last week!
Miss Mackenzie had several trips out to visit her favorite horses.
Oh, boy, does this girl love horses!
She is well on her way to being a natural farmgirl.

Comments

Colleen said…
This post is a great way for me to start my week 💛💜✋
Lynne said…
A perfectly wonderful reminder of thankfulness, gratitude, love, peacefulness . . .
Nature indeed, seeds these messages . . .
Thank you Beverly . . .
Louise Stopford said…
A lovely post!! Made me smile (even on a Monday morning).
daisy g said…
It seems like just last week The Little Pink Fairy was born, and now she has a brother. Where does the time go? What a sweet addition to your family.

Is that a Moonflower? Oh, I need to plant some of those. They are glorious!

Continued blessings to you and yours.
Oh what cuties! Little sweethearts- how blessed you are.
Love your pretty flowers, also. Have a great day!
Such a tiny baby -- but still, a whole pound in one week!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
it's so funny to see mackenzie being the big girl! i just picked my first two red tomatoes yesterday! i'm not having a great tomato year. it might be from too much rain.
This N That said…
Always a good way to start my week..Your flowers are beautiful..I don't recognize several of them...Glad Mack got to visit her "Neighs"...Hope your week is joy filled.

Such adorable grands - enjoy! And the beauty of nature is astounding, isn't it? I don't have Dahlia here, should plant a few and see how the come up.
diane in northern wis said…
Oh Bev....I sure wish you could pick us all a beautiful bouquet from your amazing flower garden too. Your flowers are so beautiful. And I love to see the pics of your little grands..... they are so precious. Yes, I enjoy the Sunday night quiet too. It's a lovely time to be sure. Thank you for such lovely pictures today! And those crazy ducks made me laugh!!!