Angels We Have Heard On High....

Sweetly singing o're the farm....


Yesterday was open tryouts for the first annual Bee Haven Acres Christmas Pageant.
Each of the animals had pretty strong preferences about the character that they wanted to play.


I had thought that the donkeys would want to play donkeys...
however they had different ideas.


I try to not type-cast our productions, so....


it looks like Chloe and Daphne will be our Christmas Angels this year.

Who knows...
they might be nominated for an academy award this year.
After all... everyone knows that donkeys are not terribly angelic.

I wonder who is going to play the donkeys in the stable?
Perhaps I can convince the goats to wear the donkey ears!


I overheard the turkeys excitedly planning their costumes as the Three Wise Men.
(Ok... two not-so-wise men and one very wise woman!)
Now to make three tiny crowns.

Luckily, after a little negotiating I was able to convince the sheep to play themselves.
I had to tell them that they were a very important part of the story!
(They asked why they couldn't play angels.)


PS....Sammie is doing fine.  He is still limping, however his wound looks fine
and he is still on antibiotics.
All he needs is a little time.... and a new collar!

Comments

This N That said…
What fun getting ready for the Christmas pageant. I can't wait to see the picture of the nativity. Good luck with that! LOL glad Sammy is OK.
Isn't that always the way? EVERYBODY wants to be angels!
Shar43 said…
Sammy is very lucky. There months ago, my 16 year old bichon was bitten by an unknown animal - and he dislocated his hip getting away. Took antibiotics, his rabies vaccination was still good, but has to take pain meds for the rest of his life. He's too old for surgery. But he's happy, and like Sammy, that's what counts!!!!❤
Lynne said…
Looking forward to your little animal pageant . .
I have been "occupied" . . . I must "catch up" and find out what happened to Sammie . . .
Happy he is mending!