Puddles and Puppies

One thing life has taught me is the importance of having a "Plan B."
Adaptability.  Flexibility. Compromise.


Without these, life's curve balls can knock you out of the game.
Whether you are dealing with something as complex as politics,
or interpersonal relationships,
or as simple as the weather...


On a day that I had planned to take shipment on a load of hay
and spread manure on the hayfields...
I awoke to puddles.


And sadly, puddles are not good for either activity.
Instead, I relied upon my long list of alternatives and found plenty to occupy my time.


Too drizzly for outdoor work,
the rainy day provided the perfect opportunity to catch up on indoor chores...
 a pile of laundry, ironing, some baking, and some weaving.


With three over-ripe bananas I decided that banana-nut muffins might be a good idea.
I love muffins, but don't love the amount of sugar in them.
I have been using blue agave nectar lately as a sugar substitute and 
found that I could substitute the ¾ cup of sugar in the recipe for ¼ cup of agave nectar
without affecting the taste or texture!


I also used mostly whole wheat flour instead of white flour....and lots of chopped walnuts.
Seriously, there is no difference in taste...and these are much healthier than the original recipe!

I also took a quick trip down to a neighboring dairy farm


 to visit with these adorable little munchkins.


These four adorables are just half of a littler of 8 Australian Cattle Dogs (Blue Heelers).
There are 6 boys and 2 girls for sale... all home raised...
both parents are family pets and well loved.
Blue Heelers are great farm dogs...high energy, intelligent, loyal, friendly working dogs.
If you are interested in acquiring one of these puppies contact me for more information.

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
omg...are they ever cute! i need an overdose of cute today!
The JR said…
They look good and I'm always on the lookout for a snack recipe that is healthier. I'm dieting as usual and have cut down my flour and sugar intake. Also, cutting down on white potatoes, white rice and junk food.

Recipe would be nice if you get a chance.

Love the puppies.
sandra said…
This post fixed my icky mood and now I'm ready to start my day. THanks!;]
This N That said…
Puddles are always good..We need the moisture..The past several years have been pretty dry..I just heard that this winter could be as well..Mmmm Banana nut muffins sound yummmy and healthy ones are even better..Who can resist a puppy?? Can you??Did you?
Carine said…
Bananas muffins and puppies! what a delightful post today, thank you! I replace most flour with either bananas or homemade pumpkin puree. how cute the puppies! which one did you reserve?
Country Gal said…
Oh those muffins look YUMMY ! oh my what cute pups , hope they all find wonderful forever homes . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !