Country Living Fair

The weekend gave me a chance to cross something off of my bucket list.
I spent the weekend in Columbus, Ohio...
at the Country Living Fair.


It was a "girlfriend" weekend.
In a word.... FUN!


Ever since Country Living Magazine started hosting these Fairs, I have longed to attend one.


The 6+ hour drive was entirely worth it!
Antiques, junque, amazing arts and crafts, great food, and a unique venue
all came together to make the perfect weekend.


Can you think of a better start to any day than blackberry cobbler with ice-cream?
Breakfast of champions!


For years I have followed the blog of this amazing author/artist...


She was selling her beautiful books (all three of which I proudly possess.)
And if there is a child in your heart, or better yet, one in your life...
please consider adding these to your collection...
you will not find anything that compares to the beautiful hand drawn and painted illustrations
and heartwarming stories found inside these books!

It was great to meet this amazing lady and kindred spirit!


There was a display of vintage and new trailers...
be still my heart!
Oh, how I love these tiny traveling living spaces!


The weekend was the pause that refreshes and has given me so much inspiration 
for projects.


Stay tuned for the fun that I plan to have in the coming weeks reproducing some of what I saw
at the fair!
Now I just need to find a way to sneak about 5 extra hours into each day!


And who doesn't need a Colonel Sanders weathervane!


I have not taken a "girl's" weekend away from the farm in several years...
and as always, though I had a wonderful time,
it's good to be back home amongst all that I hold so dear!

I will happily immerse myself in farm work and farm friends this week...
and share our adventures with you.

Comments

colleen said…
Sure looks like you had fun. What a breakfast!
We are going to the Common Ground fair in Unity, Maine this weekend. Will be our first time there and now you have me super excited to go!
This N That said…
Sounds like a weekend that dreams are made of. Glad you had a good time and were able to go. Have a beautiful week.xxoo
Bev, I have always wanted to attend as well. Just never seems to happen.
I am so glad you made it. It looks lovely and sounds like you
had a great time. Can't wait to see your ideas and inspirations from
the trip! Have a blessed week.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
now i am thinking i should have gone! i love jeri's work. what a talent she has! did you buy anything?
Love that big pile o' punkins!
Suzan said…
I love Country Fairs!!
Will have to start following Jeri Landers!!! She is wonderfully talented!!
You live an enviable life. I checked out Hopalong Hollow and I absolutely love it. Thanks for that.
jerilanders said…
Hi Beverly, It was a delight to meet you at last! That fair is such a fun way to spend a September weekend. Glad you took my advice on the Cobbler, it is a sweet treat I look forward to splurging on each year. Seven little Hopalong Hollowfolk found a home and we sold a pile of books and prints. Of course, I too, am always happy to get back to the farm. PS, loved your outfit, you looked great!
Country Gal said…
Wonderful photos ! Looks like a fun time for sure . I love the vintage truck in the first photo . Glad you had a good time . Thanks for sharing . have a good day !
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hi Bev,
Oh how I would have loved to have been there with you and Jeri... I am so happy you two were able to meet up.. It looks like a great fair. You and Jeri look so lovely.
blessings,
Penny