Grammie Camp.....Day Three

Yesterday, while Ginger and MaryAnn were home doing this....

(I've never seen them in the pool at the same time....
one always gets out to leave the other in.)

Grammie and Tyler took a road trip to a quaint old amusement park
not too far from us.


Knoebel's Grove is a wonderful family amusement park in the woods...
complete with old time rides and fast, new rollercoasters.


The best part about it is the fact that there is no admission fee...
just tickets for sale for the rides.  There are also lots of kiddie rides...
perfect for a five year old! (and no lines!)
We spent about 3 hours there...just enough time to ride some rides...
leaving when Tyler announced he was finished.


The best part of the day was this particular ride...
it lifted the kids up about 20 feet into the air 
and then dropped them down in a smooth hopping motion.  


Each time they dropped a little, Tyler would laugh hysterically.


At one point he shouted out over the crowd...
"I love you, Grammie!"
This was followed by an "Awwww" from the crowd standing around watching.
My heart has melted more times that I can tell you about this week.
I'm sure that Tyler is having a great week...and so is Grammie!



Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
what a special week tyler is having, and grammie too!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh! I LOVE Knoebels! My dad used to take us every summer while we were growing up, and now he's started to take my nephews. I love that park because, as you said, no admission fee, it's shady, and not completely packed like the parks closer to me (Dorney park and Hershey) Looks like he had a blast!
~~Ashley~~
Candice said…
I completely agree...time with the grandkids is the best, especially for me whose 4 grandkids aren't in the same state (two of them aren't even in the same country)! I know you are enjoying every single minute, Bev.
Hi Bev,
Tyler looks so happy on his ride... What a fun packed day...and to shout out ~ I love you Grammie~ that would melt your heart for sure..
MaryAnn sure enjoys her water.. . If you have time, come and meet ~This little piggy~. I think she would give you a smile.
Have a great day.
blessings,
Penny..
Laura Sudderth said…
This brings back so many wonderful memories of my Grandpa (paternal) taking me to a little amusement park in Southern California and it had a large lake in the middle where we rented little boats and he rowed me all over the place. I am sure that large lake was a little pond! Cotton candy and the roller coaster were my favorites. Have fun you two! He will cherish this moments forever.
This N That said…
SO glad you are both enjoying this time together..I have never been to that park..Looks perfect for Ty..It looks as though his parents are having a good time in NE as well...Enjoy your last few days..No rain ere..Guess you got it all again!! xxoo
Thank you so much for coming over to meet her.. I thought she would give you a smile Bev.
Enjoy your evening
blessings,
Penny