Got Cookies?

Yesterday's "To Do" list had just one item on it.
1.)  Bake Christmas cookies

You see, we are having a Christmas party on Saturday and most of the rest of the week
will be spent grocery shopping, baking and cooking.
The cookies, however, are easy to do a few days ahead... so, on to the list... #1!

How many cookies did I bake?....you ask.

Not a single one.

Nope.

After days and days of rain and fog and muck,



the sun re-appeared yesterday.



And with the sunshine came a whole new list of things to accomplish!
I had ordered a dump truck load of 2b limestone (which arrived early in the morning)...



and I used the tractor scoop to move it around the farm...covering "soupy" areas with stone,
then raking them by hand.



(I got a little tired of slipping in the mud and ending up on my bum!)

I took all of the recyclables to the recycling center,
picked up critter feed at the feed store,
delivered the feed to the appropriate feed containers around the farm,
bought straw for the strawberries,
covered the strawberries with said straw,


cleaned the front pasture,
did laundry,
vacuumed....

but no cookies.

Nada.

While I worked around the farm, the critters tried on their festive holiday attire...
each deciding what to wear for Saturday's party.

MaryAnn preferred these candy canes,

Happy face
over this hat....which she promptly shook off of her head.

Not-so-happy face
Daphne decided that reindeer antlers were just right...


While Chloe opted for her team colors!



All five dogs have had a bath.
Now, if I can just keep everyone out of the mud until Saturday.....

That might be just as hard as getting those darned cookies baked!

PS.....Ok, I finally got to a little baking after supper was cleaned up last night.
I baked a batch of pecan pie bars and a batch of peanut blossoms.
Cookie baking is #3 on today's list.

PPS.... today is 12/12/12...
and that is the last repeating date that any of us will ever see in our lifetime!

Comments

Making cookies is so much fun. I always try to do a few new recipes every Christmas. The animals are looking festive in their Christmas Finery.
Anonymous said…
Getting rid of the mud holes is nice! Maybe even better than cookies. Love the animals in their holiday finery.
Unknown said…
Last repeating date...wow! You are so smart!

Wow, you were one very busy gal! You get so much done in one day...amazing! Have a wonderful party...I know your guests will have a wonderful time.
Anonymous said…
Bev - honestly, I don't know how you do what you do, in the hours of one day! You have more than a full time job! I bet it helps that you love what you do, where you do it, and the ones you do it for. Life is good!

Kim said…
Wow! That was a busy day. And you are right, weather always dictates what needs to be done on a farm! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Junebug said…
I guess I didn't realize that 12/12/12 was the last in my lifetime until now. But the critters made it a Merry time!!

No cookie baking here either. My daughter and I are off shopping today. A little change of plans since the tragedy here at our mall. My prayers are with the families during this sad time.

Give your love ones an extra hug today!!! Hugs to you!!
Unknown said…
I know from experience what it is like to have gravel delivered...just had it done, but my golly, you tractored the stuff yourself! Impressive. We hire our neighbor...still had to rake it around; sweat equity. MaryAnn is my new computer background picture! Thanks for sharing your cute pictures of the animals.
JC said…
Your driveway does look better. I hate mud. We put gravel and old hay down at our beach place.

Hope your party is fun. The gang sure looks adorable in their Holiday outfits.

xo,
JC and The Purr and Fur Gang
Country Gal said…
Well at least you were able to get other things done ! Cute photos of the animals in their Christmas hats ! Looking forward so seeing the cookies you bake ! have a good day !
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i baked enough cookies for the both of us! how festive your gang looks! we did not get anywhere near as much rain as you did.
This N That said…
I'm sure that you enjoyed being outside rather than baking cookies...I just want to know what you did in your spare time..Good grief...
Rebecca said…
Wow, you don't need to go to the gym when you get the workout you do on the farm!
Meghan Grace said…
Bev, you my friend have more energy than 12 of us put together! I am always so impressed with the amount you get done in a day! You are an inspiration! Hugs, Meghan

BTW, what time do we need to be there on Saturday night??? HeeHee...