Friday, October 26, 2012

Who Says.....

You Can't Buy Love?
                                      by an unknown author

"You can't buy loyalty so they say;
I bought it though, the other day.

You can't buy friendship, tried and true;
Well, just the same, I bought that, too.

I made my bid, and on the spot,
Bought love and faith, and a whole job lot
of happiness.

 So, all in all,
The purchase price was pretty small. 

I bought a simple, trusting heart
That gave devotion from the start. 

If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-eyed donk with a rope like tail!"

Author prefers to remain "anonymous"..

I simply found it amongst a collection of poems about donkeys
and thought it fitting!

Have a wonderful weekend.
We will be keeping our eyes on the weather as Hurricane Sandy heads up the coast.
The farm may be in for quite a storm next week!
Hope you stop by for a visit next week.


Missy George said...

What a nice poem...Enjoy your weekend

Junebug said...

Love the poem and love the donk's! That would be one of my first purchase if I had acreage.

Stay safe this weekend and button the hatches!!!

Laura Sudderth said...

Sweet poem. Hope the hurrican misses you all. Have a nice weekend.

Laura Sudderth said...

Sweet Poem. I hope the hurricane misses you all. Have a lovely weekend. Going up to Grass Valley and Nevada City for a fall picture taking day and lunch outdoors with the husband...should be lovely weather in the low 70's here.

Karen Bates said...

Be safe.

Tracy said...

Will be sending prayers your way- be safe!


Related Posts with Thumbnails