Lots of Dogs, Lots of Spuds!

No, we still have the same crew of dogs.
But for the rest of this week, our dogs have guests.


Their uncle and aunt have come to stay at the farm this week.
Actually, Hubbs' parents are here for a farm visit with their two labs,

 (Uncle) Ferdinand 


and (Aunt) Freda.


Now when we walk to the barn, there are two more in the group.


And...for this week we have definitely "gone to the dogs"!

Yesterday we spent some time in the garden,
harvesting the sweet potatoes.


Here is what came from 1 vine
(and I planted 24 vines)


We ended up with two tubs like this....full!


I love growing sweet potatoes.
If you have a garden and have never tried to grow them...
please try it next year!

They are so very tasty and healthy,
and best of all,
they store in a dark place for at least a year!
We still have some left from last summer,
and they are as fresh as they were the day we dug them!

Oh, and just in case you were wondering...
the boys are still blubbering!

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
teddy does not allow visitors! you are so lucky all of yours get along!
Anonymous said…
Mice always eat up our sweet potatoes, which we also grow in raised beds. Maybe our newly acquired cat will help us with our problem.
Heather in PA
Junebug said…
I always say the more the merrier and that goes for dogs. I'm sure they are enjoying there new playmates.

Sweet potatoes are on my list to plant next year. I dug all my Yukon Gold and didn't get as many as last year, sad face here! But what I have with be good eating!

I still have tomatoes coming out of my ears. So I will be canning more just as long as the weather holds and they still ripen.

Give Sadie a hug for she probably isn't socializing with company! HUGS!
Anonymous said…
Lovely that the dogs all walk together. Such a feeling of family between them it would appear. :-)
Unknown said…
Wow, what a harvest! I'd grab a couple if I was there! Yum.
Kris said…
Next year on my list will be sweet potatoes and Cinderella pumpkins!!!
Rebecca said…
That is amazing you got that many sweet potatoes! Do you wash them off before storing them? I want to try growing them next year! And those goats....they still fascinate me! Love seeing pictures and hearing about them.
Country Gal said…
Woo wee your gona be sweet potatoed out by the end of the season ! Lovely photos . Have a dog gone great day !
This N That said…
When does the blubbering pay off?? Sweet potatoes..Yum
Mary said…
Oooooo! Beautiful harvest, and i'm a little jealous. There's nothing quite like a piece of delicious homemade (and grown,) sweet potato pie! And more dogs around for awhile! What could be more fun? :)