The Tale Continues....

I am hoping that if you are reading this post, you have read along all week.
I thought I might tie up a few loose ends.

First of all....number six.
Has continued to spend his days with the gals,
his nights back with the frat pack.


He is one happy rooster.
Has he told the rest of the Frat Pack about the girls?
Not on your life!!
Look closely, you'll see him winking!


Ole Roy called a meeting with the gals at the upper chicken house.


From his perch on the fence he began, "It seems, girls, that there is a new rooster
in these parts.  You'd be wise to avoid him....he's trouble." Ole Roy continued.
As you can see, the girls paid him no mind and walked away in a flutter.

"Looks like you have trouble on your hands, Ole Roy!" said Guido,
who had also taken up his perch on the fence.


"You know," Guido continued, "for a little extra scratch, we can take care of your problem."
"We can make that new rooster disappear, " he whispered with a snicker.

Guido's sidekicks soon joined them.


"That's right, boss....we can rub him out....like he was never here in the first place,"
they chimed in as they all pretended to be grooming themselves.


"Hmmmm....." thought Ole Roy, "tempting!"
But the idea of it sent a shiver down his spine.


"No!" he said. "You guineas are big trouble."
I'll handle my gals by myself.
"Thanks, but no thanks."


To Be Continued....

I thought I would give you a peek at the new chicks.
They are growing like weeds and getting quite showy
with their new feathers!
Happily, 26 arrived in the mail 3 weeks ago,
and 26 remain healthy.

I also wanted to share with you a sneak peek at my next project.


"What is it?", you ask.


No, it's not a perch or a bed for Bobby.

It is the box in which I am going to plant a fairy garden.
It will have tiny plants and tiny tools and a tiny house with a tiny fence...
just the right size for a fairy.
This six inch deep box is 2 feet by 1 1/2 feet and two feet tall.
I will share pictures with you as soon as I finish it.

I suppose you are wondering why I am building a fairy garden, aren't you?
Because......
"if you build it, they will come!"

You'll see.....I'll show you!



Comments

Debi said…
I anxiously await to see what the Mob boss will do with his rival! Will he take the enemy out....? I hope not. Debi
Anonymous said…
Fairy gardens are always a good thing to have around.... I will await their arrival. *wink*
You are such a talented writer Bev. I love to read your posts. Someone I follow has a Fairy garden but I can't recall who it is. You will have a ball deigning it. Tyler will love it. Maybe you might even decorate it for the holidays.
jen said…
This week's posts were so fun to read (although some may think the heat is getting to you :oP )!
Cindy said…
Can't wait to see your fairy garden. I have one and loved putting it together. Next spring I want to order more miniature plants to do some more. Fun!
This N That said…
Bobby thought it might be a new litter box...
Your stories just keep getting better..With the chickens, animals and your imagination people would just get in the way !!.Looking forward to more..
Junebug said…
He has quite a harem, I'm sure he is keeping that secret quiet from the frat pack. Cute post this morning as the tales of tails continues!
Rebecca Nelson said…
Oh my gosh...the due has a HAREM! :) Teee Heee....

Love the Fairy Garden Idea. That would have been ONE BIG LITTER BOX! :)

xoRebecca
KatyDidStitches said…
Thank you for stopping by my blog today, Beverly...it's nice to meet you!

I'm loving your stories...the farm...the garden...the sewing. You and I are going to get along just fine. I need to make some of those spoon markers for my dinky little herb garden (actually just pots on the patio)...and I love the green glasses you're wearing in your carrot post. I would wear those in a minute...so cute! And I can't wait to see the fairy garden. You can call me a follower!

Kathy
Teresa said…
So glad he chose not to take up the guineas on their offer to get rid of #6. The chicks are looking great! I can hardly wait to see the fairy garden.
LOL great post Bev! Maybe Becky isn't the only write in this family?! Love Guido...he looks the part ;)
Maura :)