Miracles

Last week, during "Staycation" I noticed that one of our kids was reading a book
about bringing miracles into your life.
I have been thinking a lot about this subject all week long.

It seems to me that nowadays in this hustle-bustle world in which we live,
that people are  searching for miracles, or magic, or
something "amazing" to bring inspiration to the ebb and flow of everyday life.
Check out the displays in your local bookstore and you will see what I mean.

Unfortunately, this fast-paced, technology-filled life does the opposite for us.
As a society we are distracted.  We are on sensory overload.
No wonder we are searching!

What I truly believe is this....

This world is filled with miracles.
They are all around us.
We need only quiet our minds, open our eyes and ears,
and let our senses be filled with the wonders and magic that this
earth has to share with us.

Is it not a miracle that this tiny bird, 
who weighs the same as a penny,
whose wings flap 40 to 80 times per second,
whose heart beats 1200 beats per minute (while feeding),
will soon leave us and travel thousands of miles to Central America
for the winter, and then turn around in Spring and fly back?
To cross the Gulf of Mexico, 
she will make a grueling 18 hour flight without resting.

That is miraculous!



Each and every day I am lucky enough to witness
the miracles of life around me.
I admit I have the luxury of a slower pace of life than most.
But I also consciously take the time to really be a part of the world around me.

 I would encourage you to take some time.
Quiet your mind.
Use your senses.
Sit quietly in your acreage, or yardage or even footage.
Look, listen, smell....
see what is happening around you.
But don't stop there.
Do a little research about what you see....
dig a little deeper into life and how it unfolds.
I guarantee you will be amazed at the miracles that present themselves to you!

Prepare to be amazed and inspired by the world around you.

Comments

Anke said…
Very well said!
Well said! Lovely pictures too.
JudiB said…
Hi Bev..hope you and the family have a great weekend.

Every day I look over our wonderful lake at the sunrise..and like you appreciate the miracles that are right in front of us. I think of so many people driving to work and don't even take the time to enjoy the view. How sad!!

Flys..are you having trouble this year STILL..Oh my they are driving us crazy at the barn. Poor horses. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Judi B.
Cathy said…
The miracle of each day IS around us Bev, well said. So many days when I get to work I start by looking at your blogs and every time you help me realize that. My one true miracle of every day that I can count on is opening my door at night and hearing Nanny and almost always having a little one run and give me a hug............that is truly God's miracle. Hugs to you!
Michle said…
Amen, Bev. I am trying to simplify my life more and more each day. I want to be able to stop and smell the roses. It seems the older I get the faster the days pass and I still have so much I want to experience.

Have a blessed day,
Michle
Old Machala Farm
Junebug said…
Thank you for the reminder. Sometimes we do get caught up in the race. Get to work, get home, get another project started or get to working on one. Yes, I feel I am truely bessed for the small things around me. Enjoy your weekend. I know I will for I will be enjoying the miracles.
Anonymous said…
sweet sentiment and well said
Elizabeth said…
I so agree with this!! There was one week recently where I was completely stressed out...to the limit! As I sat at a red light I saw a little bird chasing a moth all around near the car. It was so funny that I laughed out loud - maybe not funny for the moth being chased but nonetheless I realized how peaceful it is to just stop and watch, or be calm and watch the "natural" world around us!
Farm Girl said…
Very nice and it is all true, I wonder every day at the things I missed because I was to busy to "see"
Nice reminder.
JC said…
I did not know that they travel so far. Amazing !!!

I live in the woods and see all sorts of new life.

I also worry about all of them like I'm their human Mom.
Jill said…
Very good point, Bev. There are lots of miracles to be found if you just slow down.

One of my favorite times of the day is hanging my wash out on the line. I take notice of the birds and sounds in the morning stillness.
Kelly said…
I know exactly what you mean. Life is full of miracles. Take away the video games, send kids outside to play and ride a bike. I don't think we had to be told to go play. Play was our work as kids.
Katmom said…
Hey Bev,
you are so right about all the little miricles that are around us.
As for sensory over load...so true! I find myself sometimes getting grummpy at the "city sounds" that invade my quiet out here....It is truly a happy day when all I hear are the bees, quail, huming birds and the leaves rustling in the wind.
Oh and my garden...lol! all I can say is thank goodness my Gooseberry are doing good! lol!