Campfire Cookout



The last activity of our Staycation was a campfire cookout. 

The boys built the fire and cooked the food.

We gathered around and listened to Ryan play the guitar
and ate our wonderful meal...
barbequed chicken breasts with Pepperjack cheese 
and a slice of tomato on a kaiser roll,
(known in our family as a Texas Hen)
roasted corn on the cob,
campfire beans,
and
watermelon from the garden.

After the meal, Becky entertained us with a show of 
some of her dog Indy's tricks.
Indy is a super smart Australian Shepherd
with a whole array of tricks.

Before her meal, she says her prayers....

All the dogs were happy to get a little treat
and eagerly shared their tricks with us all....

Even baby Tyler enjoyed the show....

Comments

Anke said…
What a fun end to your staycation. The food sounds delicious and I love your fire pit!
Anonymous said…
I envy you and those times
Now how fun is that?! Nothing taste better then a cookout and it brings the family together!

Thinking of you!
Hugs,
Maryjane
Anonymous said…
Nice post. I was checking continuously this weblog and
I am impressed! Extremely useful info specifically the closing part :
) I care for such information much. I was looking for
this certain information for a long time. Thanks and good luck.
My web blog - how to make money in the internet