Not Your Typical Thanksgiving Tradition

Each year on the day after our Thanksgiving feast, our family suits up in battle fatigues, and heads into the woods to run and hide and shoot at each other.
Paintball!!
It has become a family tradition..and one we look forward to each year.
Saturday's weather was perfect for the games.
We spent the afternoon hunting each other down and shooting each other....sounds rather brutal, but is all in good fun. We make up all sorts of games...capture the flag, defending the "fort", last man standing, manhunt, and more. The rest of the day is spent nursing our bruises, laughing and teasing each other about the great "hits" we got on each other.

this is what exhaustion looks like.....

Comments

Oh you have no idea how cool I think that is! I LOVE family traditions, since I have so very few.

Saturday's weather was perfect here too!

Have a good one.
Anonymous said…
what fun!!! Glad you had a good day!! Andy's dog is a little big for a lapdog
Danni said…
*snort* Not typical, indeed. I have to say, this was probably the *last* thing I expected to see when I clicked on your post this morning! :-)
Looks like you all had a wonderful time, bruise-nursing and all!
I like that last picture. You and your pup look very relaxed!
Katmom said…
hahaha! looks like yo all had a Blast!
hugz
Autumn said…
A very HAPPY exhaustion!!!
What fun!!!