Friday, September 5, 2008

Amazing...

Today is September 5th and I just took this picture this evening. We have one row of ever-bearing strawberry plants in our garden...and they are true to their name! We have had berries of one type or another ripe to pick for the last 3 months non-stop. Amazing!

I picked enough to have a small serving with our breakfast tomorrow. I fear that will be the last of the fresh berries for the remainder of the year, though. At least we have frozen berries to get us through the winter.

3 comments:

  1. Those berries look absolutely delicious!!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sweet Bev!

    Yum! Those look good! Do you know I still have not opened the jar of strawberry jam you sent me! I just can't get myself to do it! The jar looks so cute in my panty but I am sure I am missing out on some yummy jam on my vanilla ice cream! Still waiting for hubby to put on a screen door for my panty!

    How are the plans going?! So excited for you Bev!!!!

    Love ya,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't grown strawberries yet, but am going to try next year if I can. I was thinking of making a raised bed and then I'll have to keep the critters out:)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment...I assure you I appreciate it! I read and answer comments by email whenever possible. Thanks for stopping by for a chat with me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails